new writer, not found!

forcer

OSNN Senior Addict
i recently replaced my hp 1900 series 8speed writer for a samsung 52x writer, it didnt come with any software as it was a straight part exchange, it reads disks fine, but when i go to copy in nero my writer is not there to choose!

Have you got the latest burning software?

I don't use nero, I use easy cd creator 6 and when they updated they usually include updates for newer writers.Maybe if you download the latest nero it might fix it.

http://www.nero.com/us/nero-up.php version 6 different types of nero products.

Go the Recorder Tab in Nero and select Choose Recorder.
Make sure your CD-RW drive is selected, and not the Image Recorder.

Also check www.nero.com for the latest updates / patches.

1) CDRW's/DVDRW's don't have drivers (well, some scsi ones, but lets not go there). Why does eveyone always say to update drivers when they have a cd problem?

2) For a 52x burner, you're gonna need at least Nero 6.3 I believe ( I know I did for my Lite-On 52x). You could also try Burnatonce. It should support your writer and even if it doesn't, it will use a generic burn mode.

see above ^^^^

Thought though he might wanna remove the cd writer from hardware, remove all burning software, good clean out and they allow p&p find it, check if it needs a M$ update then configure it by right clicking the cd rom drive in my computer.

I had a similar problem before, years back when I had a dodgey skuzzi controller card. I actually sent it back to the manufacturer and found out the cd writer had errors, they fixed it for me. The card and the cd writer, (Phillips).

If still under guarantee take it back to where it was purchased from, let them give him a replacement. They will even test it I hope.

Might also need a firmware upgrade, thinks he should goto the website of the makers and look for some clues there too.

Good luck with it, btw tell us what make n model it is also.

dreamliner77 said:
1) CDRW's/DVDRW's don't have drivers (well, some scsi ones, but lets not go there). Why does eveyone always say to update drivers when they have a cd problem?
1) All devices in Windows use drivers, from the processor to videocards. This includes Cd-rom drives and Cd-RW drives. But most of the time the access is regulated by software and not drivers, that's true. But sometimes there is a big enough error in the drivers that it needs to be replaced, but that's rare.

Glaanieboy said:
1) All devices in Windows use drivers, from the processor to videocards. This includes Cd-rom drives and Cd-RW drives. But most of the time the access is regulated by software and not drivers, that's true. But sometimes there is a big enough error in the drivers that it needs to be replaced, but that's rare.

Optical drives are run under the built-in windows SPTI interface. I guess you could kind of construe that to be a driver. Anyways, some programs such as Nero (wnaspi32.dll) and Roxio (ASPI 4.xx) use their own interface to "talk" to the drives.

i'll try updating nero, when i go to choose recorder it only lets me select image recorder... thats the problem.
its a: SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-252F
its picked up as a writer coz wen i right click it in my computer ther is a "write these files to cd" option. and apart from that it reads cd's perfect. so i think its just a nero problem

If the version of nero you are using came bundled with the previous burner it is an OEM version and is porbably neutered so it will only work with the original burner (I have a copy like this).

If the nero was an OEM that came with your old drive then you are screwed and have to buy a new copy of "over the counter nero" to support all burners.

There may be a way to crack it but that would be a subject for a less ethically run forum.

www.burnatonce.com

perhaps one of the simplist burning software's on the market. makes it easier to troublshoot where the problem lies. make sure the burner works with burnatonce, then you can move on.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back