!!!!New Windows Install Problem

Fenris

OSNN Senior Addict
ok i can get to the windows set up screen that looks like this
pic link
but when i hit enter instead of going to this screen screenshot like im supposed to i end up at a blue screen that says this

"Setup didnt find any hard disk drives installed in your computer

Make sure any hard disk drivers are powerd on and properly connected to your computer, and that any disk-related hardware configuration is correct. This may involve running a manufacturer-supplied diagnostic or setup program."

Now i know my Hard drive is connected right since it shows up in the boot up tests and also in the BIOS, so im not sure what windows problem is any tips on how to solve it

ok so the links show up blank you can find the screenshots at this site
site link

the pics are labeld "welcome to setup", and "Hard drive partition information"

Use the software for your hard drive (e.g. Seagate Discwizard) to format and partition your drive first so setup can recognise it.

i got it OEM so no software with it. Also its on a computer without any OS yet. Is there a way to run software on it before i have a OS or would i have to switch it over to this computer and hope i dont screw anything up?

I found the data lifeguard program to format it but will i have to put it on this comp? i really dont want to screw this one up its all i have left :(

Well, you've obviously got internet access so download the software from the manufacturer's website. Software works off a bootdisk so you're not meant to have an OS. Follow the instructions and you won't screw up. :)

alright thanks. Ill go search for a bootable version all i found so far was the .exe

lol. Mate, run the exe on the working computer. It will give you instructions to create a bootable disk. ;)

hehe well that worked :) on my new computer now yay now i just need to figure out why windows didnt load on the partion i told it to :(

Thanks for all the help :)

I don't think you mentioned which OS you're trying to install. Windows 9x/ME won't install on NTFS partitions.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back