New Website I am doing

Not sure if it's the line height or the font itself but I find it hard to read. http://typetester.maratz.com/

Also give some sort of margin to the bottom of the page or add a footer. Any page that requires a vertical scroll has that 1px border for the main content resting on my status bar and it doesn't look good.

Other than that, I'd probably visit the site again if it wasn't for my adamant hatred for all things Ford. ;)

Good luck with the site! =)

Could you show me a screen shot with what you mean hard to read? It is extremely large font, and is extremely easy to read here on my Mac OS X machine.

Ford ain't all that bad!

Sorry, I wasn't very clear...

'Hard to read' doesn't necessarily mean the font is too small. Typography is an art few have mastered (myself included)...and getting the right font family with the best size matched with the right line height and word spacing is hard to do.

In this case, I could read the text just fine--even at 1280x1024 it's really large, but as a visitor I wouldn't choose to keep reading as it's not visually easy to read at any length.

Get a little playful with the text, maybe make the header tags 1.6em 'trebuchet ms' with small-caps bold. Or maybe even just a bold italic 2em.

Also it looks like the header text is straight black #000, too harsh on that white background. Go with #003360 or at least a lighter black.

You asked for feedback and that's mine. =)

Last edited:
I actually do prefer to use a softer gray text color when the background is stark white. The amount of contrast between pure black and pure white is a bit too much.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back