New Version of IE?

G

gmagnuson

I was wondering when a new version of Internet Explorer is going to come out? Microsoft has already updated the media player and some other things.... I would assume it is before Longhorn... Thanks for any insight.

from what i understand there will be no IE7, MSN Explorer is the wave of the future

what features can they add ??? apart from the good old security fixes if msn explorer was the new ie i would cry as msn is lame for everything but i do like the way they put stuff accesible in one windows:cool:

I think that version 6.05 will be the last one. This is currently in the Longhorn Alpha Build.

Originally posted by XP Abuser
what features can they add ??? apart from the good old security fixes if msn explorer was the new ie i would cry as msn is lame for everything but i do like the way they put stuff accesible in one windows:cool:

There are many features that I would like to see added, such as a spell checker for forms, a tabbed browser-like netscape. Remember that Microsoft has to compete with mozela, netscape, opera, and a few others. I cannot see Microsoft getting rid of IE they would loose out on the brouser market. It would be like getting rid of media player, it is so intergrated into their system. I know some addons I could get freeware or a shell tool.

Even I think that IE is the best browser, but it will come to an end. Microsoft has MSN Explorer in mind for the future!

longhorn is supposed to be the last version of windows that as IE integrated into, Microsoft has Finally admitted that building an OS around a web browser is a huge security risk. So IE will probably end with longhorn, and they will replace it with something else.

Originally posted by rettahc
longhorn is supposed to be the last version of windows that as IE integrated into, Microsoft has Finally admitted that building an OS around a web browser is a huge security risk. So IE will probably end with longhorn, and they will replace it with something else.

They might kick IE out in the betas or RC's of Longhorn!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back