New version of Aquarium??

B

busto

Anyone know where to get a hold of the new version of Aquarium??

Here is some of the changes:

Red Volitan Lionfish Added
Choice of Black, Dark Blue, Blue, and Green background fade
"Keep Starfish Off Glass" mode
Now comes as an Installer
Automatic keycode detection
7 slots set to RANDOM on first install
Screen Saver panel awareness in Display Properties much improved

FYI, if you're using a beta keycode, it will not work with the
new release.

If you have the old version up and running...

I would suggest leaving well enough alone. I tried the new version and it did not like my keycode so it reverted back to the demo mode, which sucked.
I mean, what the hell, for only a few different fish???
Its not an improvement along the lines of being able to add a great white or a man-o-war and watching something really different. Hell I would like to see some japanese fighting fish REALLY FIGHTING!!!:D

Actually the aquarium is Very cool.
It is available on the PLUS disk from microsoft.
I don't really think it is worth $24 but hey...I'm cheap!!

The lion fish is impressive, along with some of the other options.:D

I like the new aquarium screensaver, its faster than the standard version that comes with Plus, it has more fish too.

As for the codes not working , I wouldnt know, I bought the full monty version, spose you pirate people will have to hunt for a new code!!, I like to buy all my software legally!

:D

Being an certified SerenScreen Aquarium nutcase, I just had to abandon my lurker status and add a comment to this:

[shameless plug]
The Version shipped with XP plus is a special Demo version written in DirectX8 and only has three fish. Stay away from this one. The regular version (currently 1.1.2) is stuck in DirectX6 (as MS hasn't made the DirectX8 screen saver libraries fully compatible with 95/98/ME) and currently contains 21 fish (seven on screen at a time).

Also, for anyone using a 16:9 display, there's a wide-screen version due any week now. Next improvement after that will be a background done completely as 3D objects...
[/shameless plug]

hey turtle keep us posted on this one..I think that is the best screen saver out there....also a buddy of mine said he heard of some plugins with divers, sharks and crap like that...love to spice it up with a shark macking my lion fish or what about a octapus ripping apart some fish...you know I need a new serene look to relax too:D

Adobo, your buddy must be confusing it with some other aquarium screensaver. There are no plugins available for this one. (Although there's some horribly done russian hacks with messed up colors).

Also, I have to dissapoint you as I can guarantee you won't see any violence in "SereneScreen" Aquarium. However, a Leopard shark is considered for a later addition and a small octopus will be the finishing touch (in a distant future). The man behind the screensaver, Jim Sachs (used to make good-looking stuff for the Amiga) intends to make three more screensavers as a series, this one, a butterfly garden, a terrarium and finally an aviary with birds when video card technology has advanced a bit further...

/Tiny

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back