New Uk ISP Advice Please

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Hi all

Firstly happy New Year to you all ! (My first post of the year).

Right, moving house this month (finally taken the plunge a decided to buy), and I am looking for a new ISP. I have been with tesco for the last year and a half and they have (usually) been reliable and although not the cheapest in the world at £18 a month for 512k, I have never had a download limit problem (which was great especially during the Vista and office beta period!)
So what I am after is 1meg+ with no download cap at around £20pm, and has to be ADSL as I am not in a cable area.

Any help will be much appreciated

Many Thanks

IJ

http://www.eclipse.net.uk/ - I recently moved back to these guys as all the DSL options are getting pretty poor these days (until we get LLU'd) so I just wanted something cheap, so far it seems nice and stable.

It's £14.99/mo for 8mb (I'm Sync'ing at 7.5mb), and the only restriction is you have a 20GB limit, between the hours of 6pm-Midnight, all other times are free/off-peak.

Hmmm eclipse looks good the other is too expensive (bethere) as I wantr sub £20 ideally.

As for orange heard lots of horror stories with them (and some people at work have problems) you might just be lucky though Heny

Any more please?

I want to place an order today ideally....

Zen are expensive, no doubt about it, but their service is second to none.

To further my suggestion, I've not had a single problem with Eclipse since I signed up again.

Admittedly, the speeds can degrade during peak hours, however even in extreme cases my downloads haven't sunk below 2mb speeds, and I can live with that for what I'm paying :)

Demon aint bad either, 19.99 for 8mbps - I have only had up to 4 but this is due to BT's ancient lines that are installed here apparently. CS is good too.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back