New Ubuntu site

Awsome.

like a open source apple community

Linux elitists have been whining about everyone should be using Linux for years. Finally a distro comes that appeals to a bigger crowd, and they bash it. I do not see the logic.

no ubuntu doesn't give you that option it installs tons of stuff you dont need much like fedora, distros like slackware and gentoo are slim as you only install what you want, ubuntu is the windows of the foss

hehe.. funny, well, I am waiting for next version of ubuntu which is going to be released in around 20 days from now.

and how many people are hoping that 9.04 or what ever version it is will fi the issues they have been having since 8.x ;)

as long as it works out of the box and gives no issues what people want. That makes it easier to manage and deal with. Of course, linux will never be what microsoft is on the mainstream market though. Although, I still think that linux servers blow microsoft servers away ..

no ubuntu doesn't give you that option it installs tons of stuff you dont need much like fedora, distros like slackware and gentoo are slim as you only install what you want, ubuntu is the windows of the foss

It installs many things by default because it is not intended to be Slackware. It is not intended to be the distro for you. You are not Ubuntu's audience. As for the option to remove packages ... it's called apt. Install Ubuntu server and you will get the barebones of what you need.

as long as it works out of the box and gives no issues what people want. That makes it easier to manage and deal with. Of course, linux will never be what microsoft is on the mainstream market though. Although, I still think that linux servers blow microsoft servers away ..

I could hand you several FreeBSD servers that blow linux clean away as well :D

I'm sure X could point you to a few Solaris boxes that blow that away :)

Linux isn't all it's cracked up to be, it just happens to be "trendy" to use linux.

Just as it is trendy to use BSD or Solaris. It's a version of My Daddy Can Beat Up Your Daddy or ... my geek play thing is geekier than your geek play thing hence I > you. Where have the days gone when software was judged on it's merits? ... oh wait ... that stopped when everyone stopped using UNIX.

FreeBSD and Solaris *are* unix - they are based on BSD Unix and System V unix respectivley. Do get your facts right :)

Also I work with linux hosting servers everyday, I can state with certainty that the BSD/Solaris boxes would be chugging along happily long after the linux boxes crashed and burned under load.

Every time I hear Solaris I want to go Maryland and blow up AOL Headquarters ..

That would be a good thing, I fail to see what influence solaris has on that sentiment though?

Now now lord, you are just cherry picking. You know what I mean.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back