New Toys (yep, the originality of this thread title is mind boggling)

am going to go play some Halo 3 goodness now............

anyone got a 360 for sale...? really...

I sold six Halo 3 games in total in my store since the launch, two of them were pre-ordered Limited Editions, 2 normal Halo 3 games and 2 where in an Xbox 360 Halo 3 pack. I expected to be a huge rush, people lining up in front of the store etc, but nothing of that!

There were huge lines where I live at.

Also, a lot of online sales for the product too.

If any store is sold out, they can come to me! :p Take a plane to Amsterdam, get a taxi to where I work, buy the game and while you're at it, buy an Xbox with it, because the PAL game won't work on your NTSC Xbox :p

Microsoft store in Redmond has plenty in stock :eek:

Attachments

• halo3_believe_04.jpg
    halo3_believe_04.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 209
Jealous of your xbox, mine is currently in pieces stripped down to the motherboard and sat on my desk.

It was noisy, annoying me and I didn't realise that would be covered by any warranty -- oops.

I purchased extended, in-store warranty. I think, considering everything, it is worth it.

And what bit was noisy?

The drive? Or some other bit?

Anyone follow the Halo 3 ad campaign? I thought it was pretty good, got me psyched on the game. Wish I had time for gaming right now...Here's the conclusion to the ad campaign: spoilers

The ad campaign is EXCELLENT IMO.

And the game itself rocks. I've played it 3 times so far, twice on Legendary with my friend so I could play both Master Chief and Arbitor :cool:

Well it was the fan that was noisy, so I disconnected it - wow so quiet now.
Sadly my 360 now no longer works.

Hah! Just kidding not that ignorant, but seriously it was all the fan. I took the heatsyncs off the CPU and GPU and put some arctic silver on there and it was much quieter.

However, I think I dropped a blob somewhere and we all know what happens when we do that. So basically I can't use any controllers on it, the ring of light no longer works and it doesn't like hard drives.

I have put it back in the box and will use it for spares someday.

Will reinvest in one of the arcade models when they come out here, so I can get a hdmi port and the slightly newer revision.

Kinda glad i didn't buy Halo 3 yet!

that shocks me that u didn't buy it right away ? :eek:

Well it was the fan that was noisy, so I disconnected it - wow so quiet now.
Sadly my 360 now no longer works.

Hah! Just kidding not that ignorant, but seriously it was all the fan. I took the heatsyncs off the CPU and GPU and put some arctic silver on there and it was much quieter.

However, I think I dropped a blob somewhere and we all know what happens when we do that. So basically I can't use any controllers on it, the ring of light no longer works and it doesn't like hard drives.

I have put it back in the box and will use it for spares someday.

Will reinvest in one of the arcade models when they come out here, so I can get a hdmi port and the slightly newer revision.

Kinda glad i didn't buy Halo 3 yet!

I took my xbox back to Best Buy, they gave me a replacement power adapter on the spot and all done.

Remind me to never ask you to help me fix my plumbing or anytihng.

Oh, and don't forget to do a site backup :cool:

Pfft, its not even hi def ;p

It looks WAY better when I play it in 1080p mode than in 720p :cool: and the resolution answer is way overblown/discussed. There are several different layers of filtering going on and they are juxtaposed. It's obvious when you play and see different effects during the game. It just looks purdy :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back