[New Toy] Zune 80GB

Just delete when you go to DEVICE in your zune application. :)

It will wipe them out.

There must be something severely wrong with me. I just converted an avi movie to wmv in windows movie maker and got sound but no picture. I'm lost.

I have tried every program and every way of converting avi files to zune format and nothing has worked. I'm at a loss, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've so far tried mediacoder, encode360 (which bothered me because it installs the klite codec pack which I'm not a fan of), videora, windows movie maker, and just regular windows media encoder. Nothing has worked.

I've had no luck and besides every other plus I've given the zune 80 I'm starting to get a little frustrated.

That is really weird.

I have about 20 movies on my zune and they work great. Movie Maker is all I have been using. Check out the forums, they have some great community help when you go through the social link.

Btw, playing my zune through my xbox 360 == ACE. I might have to buy the xbox remote afterall :D

I just got one of the 30G ones and while I do like the screen and the interface on the Zune itself I hate the software for it.

I have figured out how to get it to show up as a device on My Computer but I still can't get around having to use the Zune s/w to load it.

I wish I could find something that would just let me use it like a mass storage device. I want to copy music/video files straight to it.

There is iAudio s/w that works with the Zune?

I tried looking for it with no luck. Any links?

That is really weird.

I have about 20 movies on my zune and they work great. Movie Maker is all I have been using. Check out the forums, they have some great community help when you go through the social link.

Btw, playing my zune through my xbox 360 == ACE. I might have to buy the xbox remote afterall :D

are all of your videos converted from ripped dvds or from avi files?
I haven't tried a ripped dvd yet. What is weird is that when I load movie maker on my premium x64 box I get no playback, but with my ultimate I do get playback but the file comes out with the movie squashed in the top half and the bottom half is all green.

Some are from avi files. But I converted my DVD's to avi's first and was fortunate to have a library already. Much easier to have my dvd's backed up that way :)

well add another avi that doesn't seem to work. I just used xilisoft video converter and got the same blue lines running across my video as it did with the other files. I'm starting to lose patience.

to add, is there anyway to clean all codecs off of your system?

Last edited:
when you go into Windows Movie Maker when you go to options what filters show up in your options? I'm just wondering if I have some really bad conflicts with video filters loading up.

Yo Saz, I just ordered a zune my community name is zekemonster. Some ******* took zekemo so I had to go with monster. Zune should be here monday :D

Thanks Saz for all the help. I finally have working videos on my zune 80!!!

The only way for me to get it to work (which is weird) is to uninstall all codecs and install ffdshow tryouts. After doing that it all worked great!!

Nice :)

Some jackass used my name and my typical alias as well :(

Oh well.

Add me on the social and I'll accept :D

Got my Zune today and I has a dead pixel, how lame. I am going to use it for a few days and if it bothers me anymore than it already does I am going to send it back.

Well I setup an RMA with amazon and they already sent out another zune which should be here shortly. Normally I wouldn't care about one pixel but for 250 bucks I at least expect a fully functioning screen.

Last edited:
Well I setup and RMA with amazon and they already sent out another zune which should be here shortly. Normally I would care about one pixel but for 250 bucks I at least expect a fully functioning screen.

I had to return my first one as well. It was two incredibly bright pixels. There is another one on my current one but I can't see it 99% of the time.

I had to return my first one as well. It was two incredibly bright pixels. There is another one on my current one but I can't see it 99% of the time.
I wouldnt mind it so much but the one I had was right in the center of the screen and it was the green part of the pixel so it would only be noticeable when there was green or white(common colors). I have never heard of bright pixels before, thats pretty strange. You would think they would have worked this sort of thing out by the second gen.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back