New Toy On Its Way: HTC Touch Diamond 2

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
As the title, ordered it yesterday and it should be arriving tomorrow :) Looking forward to it, sure its no HD2 but it a better size for me and a good price.

I still have the mogul, looking to update soon but really wanted to wait for version 7

Drive by thread jack...

ANDROID FTW!@

Drive by thread jack...

ANDROID FTW!@

can you play internet radio with an android?

sprint has an android set but I don't know if it has all th features I need, that's one of them

how is the browser by the way?

Oh yeah, I have both Pandora & last.fm apps on my G1. If you mean more generic streaming services there are ways, yes. Pandora and last.fm both stream over EDGE, 3G and of course WiFi.

The browser is great, and has full touch screen support and If you are familiar with the iphone and the pinch zoom controls it has that as well. Flash support is there, albeit slightly basic. Flash video's can sometimes be a pain in the ass to play properly though.

I came from windows mobile 6.1 to Android and from my own personal experience it's much much better than WM. As an added bonus if you are into tweaking, tinkering and playing with custom ROM's there is a large community over at XDA that are making leaps and bounds with the open source OS.

Each to their own, personally although it shows great potential i don't feel android is there yet still clunky, and the devices fail to impress (low res screens etc).

Although saying that winmo is the clunkiest of them all :D Still with the excellent touchflo 3D / sense, its looks pretty good and winmo 6.5 is a step in the right direction and 6.5.1 (released early next year) looks even better beng much more touch friendly.

low res screens? All the Android phones have very good resolutions, 480x320+.

I'll agree that a stock Android build can be a bit clunky, but it's leaps and bounds beyond what it was at 1.0 launch. In addition, using one of the many great custom roms over at XDA the phones run much much much faster. Since the OS is open source there are many optimizations that can be done.

low res screens? All the Android phones have very good resolutions, 480x320+.

I'll agree that a stock Android build can be a bit clunky, but it's leaps and bounds beyond what it was at 1.0 launch. In addition, using one of the many great custom roms over at XDA the phones run much much much faster. Since the OS is open source there are many optimizations that can be done.
problem with sprint and custom roms though, if the rom is sprint specific it won't run on the network

Do you mean if the ROM isn't sprint specific?

What is it about the ROM that needs to be specifically changed to work with Sprint?

What is it about the ROM that needs to be specifically changed to work with Sprint?
I might be wrongbut I believe sprint only uses their hardware, a cooked rom might not be recognized by their computer

I might be wrong about that though.

will double check, if I can used cooked roms then I might go for an android.

which version rom are you using?

I'm personally using Cyanogen 4.1.11.1 on a ADP1 (G1) HTC Dream which uses Android 1.6 as a base.

3....2....1... and you're back on subject

I have got my phone now and really pleased with it. The screen is very crisp due to the lovely 800×480 res. I am already running a custom 6.5 rom with the sense UI. Seems to be great, and the sense UI does an incredible job at polishing the front end, I am really impressed by it :)

Yeah so anyways, android android android android. :p

Awesome indy, that's a pretty high resolution for that size screen, must look really nice :)

Wish I could get an android phone for under the price of 2 iPhones, one of the nicer ones just might convert me.

Vodafone keep offering me an upgrade, but I guess I can hang on until something really cool comes along. The touch pro 3 looks very interesting but I am not really sure it will offer me more than my existing device anyway which is already running the latest versions of Windows Mobile and Manilla anyway.

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    396.2 KB · Views: 194
Wish I could get an android phone for under the price of 2 iPhones, one of the nicer ones just might convert me.

I'm curious where you have been shopping? Android phones are much cheaper than any of the iPhones.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back