New Toy (eh... )

Sazar

Rest In Peace
Was bored, bought a 2407 FP from Dell.

Yay.

Will post pics and stuff later. My current widescreen will become a secondary TV/IRC/Email display in portrait mode.

Awesome, have you noticed if your panel has any noticeable mouse input lag at all? My 24" Samsung does, and its really annoying. But you gotta love 1920x1200 awesomeness though!

I have two 2407WFP flat panels and there is no lag.

dang saz.. that's a lot of new toys recently..

want to send me some of your old toys? ;)

Not that many new toys. I work hard to enjoy the little pleasures.

I would work harder if Matt didn't keep dangling his cookies in front of me :(

Awesome, have you noticed if your panel has any noticeable mouse input lag at all? My 24" Samsung does, and its really annoying. But you gotta love 1920x1200 awesomeness though!

Haven't received it yet. I JUST ordered it.

23% off plus my coupon == decent price.

I'll post when I get it I guess.

Matt, you use ultra-mon right?

I used it when I had dual 16x12 res 19" crt's (way back when) and I guess I'll have to give a twirl, depending on how things work out.

Wasn't sure if AMD has improved its graphics drivers for spanning since the old days.

I use UltraMon 3.0.0 Beta 1. The main reason I use it is for the wallpaper manager. I also like the Smart Taskbar feature. These are two features that are not included with drivers from NVIDIA or ATI.

hey, does anyone know if ultramon works in vista? Last I checked it didn't.. was wondering if things had changed at all since then..

*runs off to check*

The Ultramon 3.0 beta 1 works in vista, as do the other versions. However all the 2.x releases in vista have various issues.

Cool.

Well I just received my new g-15 keyboard as well :)

The 2407 should do just fine.

I have the same sort of thing (sometimes) with a samsung 244t

Thats the monitor that I have Samsung 244T Black. I got some of the lag feeling down by making sure my Mouse drivers USB polling frequency is at 500hz or 1khz. This reduces some input lag by about 8ms (1khz can be unstable though). But doing some research on the panel, just by its nature it has 45+ms latency. (not to be confused with the panel response time) Its really to bad, its a nice panel. I'm trying to get adjusted to it, but its just to much... I even notice it on my desktop, not to mention games.

I find myself moving windows over to my 20" dell screen because it doesnt have that lag feeling and it makes life so much easier. Plus Its hard being precise with the mouse in Photoshop or Flash with the lag. I'm tempted to call Samsung support about it, even though I have had the screen for a few months now. And its a known issue... but you would think for a "professional" marketed display this kind of problem would not happen. :-\

Some messy pics from my camera phone.

Yay? :(

It's twilight, I usually don't have any lighting in my room other than from my display and keyboard so bear with me.

I decided to use my really old filing cabinet as a stand of sorts for my 20" and it works reasonably well :D

Attachments

• SSPX0307.jpg
    SSPX0307.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 113
  • SSPX0305.jpg
    SSPX0305.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 111

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back