New to Athlon XP... some questions !

Howling Wolf

We did not deserve this !
Hi, all !
I just installed my Athlon XP 1800+, and... Ô surprise, it seems to be unlocked ! Is this normal with XP's ? Indeed, through bios, in manual mode, I can change the cpu coef., what I couldn't do with my former locked P///650@866 !

2nd: I use some noname pc2700 ram that is by default set to 2.5/3/3/6, not so good, isn't it ? And how do I know it really runs at 2x166/333 mhz instead of 2x133/266 ?

3rd: about temps ? I installed the Alpha PAL6035MUC, and I get 57°c at idle, is this normal, should I worry ?

Thanx for any idea about all this !

says in his sig, he got an asus a7v333.

awful good fortune if your athlon is indeed unlocked. won't have to go through the hassle of unlocking it yourself.

57° at idle is far too warm. look into getting a better hsf and some arctic silver 3... don't delay.

wait wait wait... you positive it's unlocked? your mobo's bios will let you pick 'user define' and change the multiplier all you want... but once you restart, it will default back to the normal speed. check it.

I never pay attention to long sigs...

taurus is right about the seetings in the bios... To find out the info you want find and DL wcpu... That will tell you the multiplier as well as system and memory bus speeds...

Once again that board is reading the thermal diode in the XP,,, not the probe in the socket,,, that temp is not too high in my opinion...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back