Fixed New theme/site bug reports

KC: I believe that might be as I have changed the behaviour of new posts since your last visit, its now done on a post to post basis rather than cookies.

The database is watching you, be afraid.

However, as a result of that it may well have lost track of which threads you have checked in the last 15 days and flags them all as unread. Once you are pretty sure you are "up to date" just mash http://www.osnn.net/forumdisplay.php?do=markread and you should be set.

I still blame you, format!
Seems perhaps your the problem. :p That makes 3 times for this thread, but only after you've posted I think. Upon hitting "new post" link I was taken to the last post (you telling KC to mark all) ONT the post it should have (this one I'm quoting - all marked w/ grey page).

What link did you use?
Something from search or from one of the recent lists?

What link did you use?
Something from search or from one of the recent lists?
Sorry I was using the wrong link name, it's the "view first unread" at the beginning of every thread. (and your post is grey again - though the odd part is it takes me to it no problem)

Still working very hard on every aspect of the site that I can think of, but am going to take a quick look at the results as displayed here:
http://www.osnn.net/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=264

Amusingly none of the people that claim to really hate it have given me any feedback at all.

Of the people that hate it a little bit, only Zero Hour has offered feedback and doesn't like the logo too much (I guess I need to stick a random pc in a circle after the name eh?) and previously suggested alt tags on the header images (sadly not images but styled lists, so I can't do that yet but may well take another look at the navbar a short way down the line), no real basis there for not liking the theme though.

Of the comically impartial crew, only X-istence has offered feedback suggesting that he likes it. So yeah, confused there.

Of those that like it a bit and like it a lot, love you all and I will keep working away. Since I started I haven't stopped, not shaved (pics incoming if demand is there, hmmm) and it fills me with pride to look at the site.

Ok back to work now, doing a few other bits not on the todo list and of course will see if there is anything else I can do on there later.

Recently, I overlooked what might happen when we posted a review so have created a system there which you can see there and Jewelzz has been churning out some reviews and I have some software reviews in the pipeline as well.

I also obviously had to prepare for the competition we have starting in a few weeks so have done some intereresting HTML work there, I am looking forrward to this one and am working hard for it, although I haven't thought about the competition directly yet.

Many of the modules on the frontpage have been gutted and rewritten specifically for my needs, by me, so if they break my fault, but at the moment they are working great. After much lateral thinking and code changes that had a 50/50 chance of breaking the site, I also got a frontpage rss feed working so fairly delighted there.

I wrote another fish blog, which was of course very exciting.

Added a new rank for affiliates, not so many of those at the moment but I have invited the Ivy Worldwide guys to sign up.

And so much more, basically if I get focused on one tiny aspect of the site and seem to work away at it for hours until it works as desired.

Ok, back to it.

I would change my vote as I was more voting when it initially went live :)
Its getting much better now, keep up the good work ;)

I love the site, and want some pics of the grizzly adams going on.

Of the comically impartial crew, only X-istence has offered feedback suggesting that he likes it. So yeah, confused there.

Of those that like it a bit and like it a lot, love you all and I will keep working away. Since I started I haven't stopped, not shaved (pics incoming if demand is there, hmmm) and it fills me with pride to look at the site.

Hold on there fella...there's always time to practice a little personal hygiene:laugh: especially if we are going to feel the love.:speechless:

What's to be confused about it, X likes it.

Hey guys! Loving the new site layout:eek:
Its good to see you finally got rid of the link for 9700 pro drivers:lick:

KC: I believe that might be as I have changed the behaviour of new posts since your last visit, its now done on a post to post basis rather than cookies.

The database is watching you, be afraid.

However, as a result of that it may well have lost track of which threads you have checked in the last 15 days and flags them all as unread. Once you are pretty sure you are "up to date" just mash http://www.osnn.net/forumdisplay.php?do=markread and you should be set.
I really like this new behavior!

I like the nav bar at the top, it fits.

Oh, if you want to make me happy, make an entirely image-less layout ... I would love that.

Nah we need images really :D

More work done on backend really, so none you will really see.
VBSEO is in as you can see, so been working on a few bits there and seeing what other SEO bits I can easily get done.

Also finishing up short urls that members can use, such as :
[Coming soon] OSNN, Ivy Worldwide, Microsoft and HP Giveaway - OSNN Forum

edit: ok owned by vbseo :D

http://s.osnn.net/h

My only complaint would be that the logo and the clouds are a bit.. windows 95...

Yeah, I will do more to the header at some point.

No VB release today, has been delayed until tomorrow!

Will be updates to the changelog very soon. Disgusting abuse of bump.

OSNN has moved servers, please let me know if you experience any problems as a result of this.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back