Fixed New theme/site bug reports

Well either way it is working this morning - but like Xie said it could be random.

I'll keep an eye on it, just one eye though.

Well either way it is working this morning - but like Xie said it could be random.

I'll keep an eye on it, just one eye though.

It's not working on your post, last thread it worked fine. :) As far as I can tell no pattern at all to it. :(

I haven't touched this function at all, so its working as it was before.
The way that Vb handles threads you have read is a little odd though sometimes. Here is wha we got, marked one is what we use. I haven't ever actually changed this stuff, but if it would come close to the behaviour you would want then let me know, I don't believe the processor being under strain is really an issue at the moment.

Thread/Forum Read Marking Type
This option controls how threads and forums are marked as read.
Click the help icon on the right for more information on each option.
  • (*) Inactivity/Cookie Based (once a user has been inactive for a certain amount of time (the value of the session timeout option) all threads and forums are considered read. Individual threads are marked as read within a session via cookies.)
  • Database (no automatic forum marking) (this option uses the database to store thread and forum read times. This allows accurate read markers to be kept indefinitely. However, in order for a forum to be marked read when all threads are read, the user must view the list of threads for that forum.

This option is more space and processor intensive than inactivity-based marking.)
  • Database (automatic forum marking) (this option is the same as a previous option, but forums are automatically marked as read when the last new thread is read.

This is the most usable option for end users, but most processor intensive)

HEY EP...

Got the email... very cool changes...

I have been busy with life as well...

Anyway, as time permits I will be back much more...

Mike A!

Hey welcome bak mlakrid, good to see you.

I have changed the post mark as read stuff I mentioned above, so may well be old stuff marked as new for now, but it should now be far more accurate.

Just noticed, what about all that Latest Blog Entries, Latest News Entries, and so forth that used to be at the top of the site?

They are at the bottom for now and now also have a list on the frontpage.

The last two days I have been fixing up existing modules and preparing a new one for an upcoming competition.

There seems to be a bit of an issue where new modules weren't showing if you customized the homepage so I have reset them all, I hopefully won't need to do this very often.

The last two days I have been fixing up existing modules and preparing a new one for an upcoming competition.

There seems to be a bit of an issue where new modules weren't showing if you customized the homepage so I have reset them all, I hopefully won't need to do this very often.
Is this competition sponsored by Buzz Corps/Ivy Worldwide and HP?

well they are providing the prize :)

I haven't reviewed the rules, but I suspect previous winners of hardware will be excluded!

well they are providing the prize :)

I haven't reviewed the rules, but I suspect previous winners of hardware will be excluded!
Just noticed the topic! Thanks. My other family members can participate though right? I'll have my bro create an account. He needs a laptop. :D

I'll check with Ivy to see if its considered household or whatever, anyway whole other thread for this discussion and I won't be discussing our competition until shortly before it starts!

The above is the only new post for me and the only one with an orange document icon.

The above is the only new post for me and the only one with an orange document icon.
I have a new theory, since this post has done this twice now and the post before this worked as intended. I think maybe it has something to do with the fact that you edited the 1st post? (perhaps after the "new post")

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back