Fixed New theme/site bug reports

Yes, but as I have told you several times - this week - those are the only things paying for the site at the moment!

I kinda agree with the big grey space. Is there any way to make it where only non subscribers see it?

Hmm, might just be me but having a little trouble distinguishing between:

forum_new.gif
and
forum_old.gif

I may well change one of them so its easier to see.

Yeah, thats an interesting idea.
I could make them a touch smaller and add some funky rollover.

It honestly be at the top of my todo list yet, but I'll definately look at it.
Please no rollover, makes it look "cheap". :) Arrows are the rollover right now and are more then enough. You can ditch the arrows but please no full button rollover.

Also would it be possible to maybe move the buttons from the top to the bottom of the grey (ad/logo space)?

I have no plans to move it at the moment, but who knows how it will all fit together once the header is done.

Well one way or another, it was well overdue, and its awesome :)

Some of the mods I want for vBulletin don't exist, so I am thinking of ways around it atm, very much giving me a headache :)

Well I want an RSS feed like the external.php one that only retrieves threads with a specific prefix.

I want a mod a prevents a user from modifying one of their own posts once a moderator has (or the mod has locked that post)

And a mod that allows me to set user permissions for a usergroup to edit any post they like and nothing more.

Alas, none exist.

Please also let me know if you see forum.osnn.net hardcoded anywhere (www.osnn.net and forum.osnn.net currently have the same server path)

I would probably just put this in on your root htaccess:
Code:
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.osnn\.net
RewriteRule (.*) [URL]http://www.osnn.net/$1[/URL] [R=301,L]

That should get google to update its indexes too as if google thinks you have duplicate content at www.osnn.net rather then moved content you will get a big slap down the rankings.

I submit sitemaps to google and yahoo so that shouldn't be a concern.

I submit sitemaps to google and yahoo so that shouldn't be a concern.

No that wont fix the issue sadly. All the sitemaps will do is get google to index the new url path thus making them see a huge amount of duplicate content. It can take up to 3 months to remove old forums. paths from the index and if you dont use a redirect with 301 it can stay for years.
For SEO you must redirect all broken urls using a 301 to the new paths for google to update properly and not give you issues.
Google will continue to reindex the old path since it works as well only adding to the problem tbh.

Trust me when I say using 301 redirects to redirect old paths is one of the most important things you must do when changing paths for SEO to get you up the rankings and keep your current rankings.

Ok well added those rules to htaccess, would be nice to have the exception of forum.osnn.net going to www.osnn.net/forums.php if you know how do that quickly?

Spent the last two or so days working on the backend, so really want to focus on the cosmetic stuff for now as thats where all my feedback is pointing at, so want to get that stuff done next.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back