New System

R

renakuajo

I have this question (hope its not a silly one!!)

I have this board abit kt7a, i put an ahtlon 1.4. it has nothing else except for an agp video card, i havent put any drives just the cpu and ram. Can i plug a monitor to it to see if it boot? or do i need to put a HD first???? Cause i just wanna tested to enter the bios is that possible???

Turn it on & see what happens. I think you should be able to do it. Just make sure no wires are exposed.

Nothing at all shows up on the screen?? Somethings wrong somewhere.

should work, are the power lights on case showing? if not check you've plugged power supply in correctly to m/board. also make sure keyboard is plugged in correctly and that monitor is plugged in and turned on, sounds silly but sometime we miss the obvious!!

ok.......the board its atx so the power suplly goes only in one way but i will check to see if its no plugin correctly........the lights of the case are showing, hd lights no cause aint any drive on it not even a floopy.......so the only light showing is the power.......keyboard is plug (doesnt have mouse...can that be it?) monitor is plug correctly that was the first thing i check...........i'm gonna eat and take a shower and will check again....

shouldn't be the lack of mouse, but may be worth a try. do you get anything at all on monitor? have you checked monitor on another system to make sure it is ok?

no i dont get anything in the monitor, the monitor is ok cause its used in other pc that i have........the pc have a speaker and it doesnt make any sound either......dont make any beeps

ok, if monitor works etc then it may be that you haven't connected the pin wires for power LED, reset LED etc correctly, check manual if you have it to see that these are all ok.

are you sure m/board and CPU are ok?

just stabbing in dark here, can to hard to sort without system in front of you!

cpu is new, board is not new but it was workin, the cpu fan works so the board is getting electricity

the pin wires....mmmm i need to check that ihavent do it yet in fact i forgot about them LOL

i think i will do it but tomorrow cause is night here and i dont have good light......and i have to go out to pick up wife at work......hope i didn broke the cpu while iwas intalling the fan.........i didnt think thats the case thats gonna be the last thing i will check if nothing else works......damn it LOL

oh i forgot something.......the case i bought has a front panel w/usb.......i connect the cables to it but that connection was the one i wasnt sure if i did correctly......can that be it??? anyway i will disconnect those also to see what happens.....damn i love this board and i want it to work

I built a system for my g/f with a KT7A.. it wouldn't post at all unless you had a 3 pin cpu fan connection in fan1 slot..and also make sure your mouse port isn't all mangled in the case..

SickBoi

i have a cpu fan in fan1 slot (workin).......mouse port is ok, in fact i havent attach a mouse yet

it took an one RMA and a good stomping to get that thing to work for me.. :)

hopefully the stomp will do it, RMA is not an option

you know what i just notice??? i have the ram stick put in dimm3 instead of dimm number 1.......

damn havent had any luck so far........check everything still cant see bios or anythinh in the monitor

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back