New Star Wars Film Title Unveiled

Hsn

King
The third and final Star Wars prequel - due for release next summer - will be called Revenge of the Sith, producer Lucasfilm has said. The film, out in May 2005, links the prequels with the original trilogy by showing how Anakin Skywalker becomes the evil Darth Vader.

The film's title was announced at the Comic-Con International science fiction convention in San Diego on Saturday.

A Lucasfilm member wore a t-shirt that also showed the new film's logo.

The Sith are evil lords, such as Darth Vader and Darth Sidious, who share the same powers as Jedi Knights.

Director George Lucas did not attend the convention.

Steve Sansweet, Lucasfilm's head of fan relations, removed a baseball jersey to show the t-shirt with the movie's logo.

"For some time now, the naming of a new Star Wars movie has taken on some special meaning among core fans who love to take part in guessing games and speculation before a title is announced," he said.

He then told the 6,500-strong audience: "Let the debate begin".

"I thought it was great, I loved it,' said fan Barren Wright, 35, from Modesto. "This takes it back to the classic trilogy.

"It's a smart move by Lucasfilm to tie it all together since the logo and everything is identical to 'Return of the Jedi," he said.

Return of the Jedi, released in 1983, was the last of the original Star Wars trilogy.

Source

If it makes up for the first two, I won't feel so bad about Episodes One through Three.

I'm afraid it's gonna suck. Sorry, I just can't be optimistic after the I & II. I didn't even see either of them more than once.

Unwonted said:
If it makes up for the first two, I won't feel so bad about Episodes One through Three.
I'm probably the odd ball but I liked Ep. I & II ... although not the greatest films they did entertain me and my geekness. I hope III can be a bit better though and perhaps kill off (turn to future vader) that damn Anakin kid/guy early on :)

I prefer that star wars kid on the internet, doin da lite saber dance all by he self. :p

Now that's a movie :D

Xie said:
I'm probably the odd ball but I liked Ep. I & II ... although not the greatest films they did entertain me and my geekness. I hope III can be a bit better though and perhaps kill off (turn to future vader) that damn Anakin kid/guy early on :)
Same here! ;)

The episodes sort of mirror each other in a way (I-III and IV-VI)

I - Republic show signs of something wrong, wins but looses one of the best jedi in the process - so evil kind of wins
II - Republic begins to realise there is an army mobalised against it and is in trouble - they do beat off the confederation but do not remove the root but they maintain the order so they win technically
III - Republic I guess goto War. Jedi Wiped out. Anakin Becomes Vader. Evil wins.

IV - Empire try to build deathstar but Rebellion stop it - Good wins
V - Rebels win hoth but have to retreat. Empire on the prowl. Hans Solo Lost. - Evil wins.
VI - Luke is Jedi. Rebels win Tatooine. Emperor destroyed and Vader turns back to good. Good wins.

See what I mean :)

The Revenge (bad) also is a mirror of The Return (good) title also.

Dublex said:
The episodes sort of mirror each other in a way (I-III and IV-VI)

I - Republic show signs of something wrong, wins but looses one of the best jedi in the process - so evil kind of wins
II - Republic begins to realise there is an army mobalised against it and is in trouble - they do beat off the confederation but do not remove the root but they maintain the order so they win technically
III - Republic I guess goto War. Jedi Wiped out. Anakin Becomes Vader. Evil wins.

IV - Empire try to build deathstar but Rebellion stop it - Good wins
V - Rebels win hoth but have to retreat. Empire on the prowl. Hans Solo Lost. - Evil wins.
VI - Luke is Jedi. Rebels win Tatooine. Emperor destroyed and Vader turns back to good. Good wins.

See what I mean :)

The Revenge (bad) also is a mirror of The Return (good) title also.

That makes sense...cool.

I honestly can't wait to see how they tie it up (I know how Anakin dies...so to speak) but I'd like to really see the fight that makes that happen. So to me it will be interesting!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back