New Search powered by Boardtracker

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
I love the new search, the animated dog while searching is sweet! Searching seems much faster and more accurate too!

Nice change!

lol, I am sure the boardtracker guys will be pleased you like it.
Won't currently search sections that a normal member can't see tho, might have to write both in

Im on BoardTracker.
dont use it very much though.

Just curious, why are we using this rather than the built-in search?

No I don't think so, they spider our boards and provide what they say in a more detailed search with no character restrictions etc.

And of course take load off our servers by not using them to search :eek: (not that that was a problem anyway.)

well - I loved it - then I clicked a link from my search results - and instead of a laptop thread I get ----- Americas Army! I am less than thrilled by that - need less random search linkage!

I have attached screen shot - the link I clicked was the "need desktop replacement" one by KCNY and the AA page is the one it threw up!

Any ideas folks?

Attachments

• badlinkOSNN.jpg
    badlinkOSNN.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 127
Yup, the link above it also doesn't work. Stinky.

You can still use the forums built-in search via the advanced search page (not sure if that's meant to be or not)

Yeah of course, will prob add both at some point just so those that don't like it have the choice.

Tobe fair just searching for laptop was a bit vague :D

But clicking the link he clicked should have brought him to a thread started by Derek, not one started by Lawman82.

When did I last lose the database? :p
Boardtracker has been spidering for a long time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back