New Scheduled Task - what password?

P

Powerchordpunk

I am trying to create a new scheduled task in task scheduler, but when it goes to run, it says no user account password was entered. Does this mean I have to enter the password I use to log in to windows? I have xp set up now so no users enter a password to login. I don't know what my account password is if I even have one at all. Any advice on how to get my newly created tasks to run? Thanks.

From Kelly's Korner Windows XP A-Z:

Task Scheduler - A scheduled task can be run without passwords

For Pro: Start/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Local Security Policy/Local Policies/Security options.
In the right hand pane (third down). Accounts: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only. This is enabled by default, disable it.

For Home: (Keith Miller) Backup your registry before modifying. Locate the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa

Value name: limitblankpassworduse
Type: REG_DWORD
Data: 0 (disabled) 1 (enabled)

It is enabled by default. Disable it and scheduled tasks should run.

nevermind. It worked. Thanks for the help, yoyo.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back