• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

New Scheduled Task - what password?

P

Powerchordpunk

I am trying to create a new scheduled task in task scheduler, but when it goes to run, it says no user account password was entered. Does this mean I have to enter the password I use to log in to windows? I have xp set up now so no users enter a password to login. I don't know what my account password is if I even have one at all. Any advice on how to get my newly created tasks to run? Thanks.

yoyo

From Kelly's Korner Windows XP A-Z:

Task Scheduler - A scheduled task can be run without passwords

For Pro: Start/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Local Security Policy/Local Policies/Security options.
In the right hand pane (third down). Accounts: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only. This is enabled by default, disable it.

For Home: (Keith Miller) Backup your registry before modifying. Locate the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa

Value name: limitblankpassworduse
Type: REG_DWORD
Data: 0 (disabled) 1 (enabled)

It is enabled by default. Disable it and scheduled tasks should run.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix