New rig,high temps,help plz.

K

Kafros

Hi there,my roommate got a new pc yesterday and set it up by himself.I went to check it out only to find that using the temp monitoring program that came with the board that his rig is running very hot.System and Cpu temps at idle are 40 and 50 degrees respsctively.He has a midi tower case which he bought from mapplin which isn't very good to say the least but i dont think that this justifies the above temps.We even tried running the pc with the case open with no change in the temps.He's got a 2200 tbred,an KT3 Ultra2-R and a Cooler Master heatsink.This was an upgrade kit from komplett.co.uk as can be seen here (http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?action=info&p=25649&t=1611&l=3&AvdID=1&CatID=44&GrpID=6&s=pl) He is also using an Asus Geforce4 MX 440,2 hdd's,1 Cd-rom,1 Cd-rw,a floppy and 1 chassis fan as there is no room for another one.The bios shows the same temp as PC alert (the prog that came with the board). I adviced him to get a better case but i really think that 40 degrees for the system temp is unacceptable even for a not so good case.Is there anything that we might have overlooked or has anyone experienced the same problem with this mobo?
Any replies appreciated.

Originally posted by Kafros
Hi there,my roommate got a new pc yesterday and set it up by himself.I went to check it out only to find that using the temp monitoring program that came with the board that his rig is running very hot.System and Cpu temps at idle are 40 and 50 degrees respsctively.He has a midi tower case which he bought from mapplin which isn't very good to say the least but i dont think that this justifies the above temps.We even tried running the pc with the case open with no change in the temps.

He's got a 2200 tbred,an KT3 Ultra2-R and a Cooler Master heatsink.This was an upgrade kit from komplett.co.uk as can be seen here (http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?action=info&p=25649&t=1611&l=3&AvdID=1&CatID=44&GrpID=6&s=pl)

He is also using an Asus Geforce4 MX 440,2 hdd's,1 Cd-rom,1 Cd-rw,a floppy and 1 chassis fan as there is no room for another one.The bios shows the same temp as PC alert (the prog that came with the board). I adviced him to get a better case but i really think that 40 degrees for the system temp is unacceptable even for a not so good case.

Is there anything that we might have overlooked or has anyone experienced the same problem with this mobo?
Any replies appreciated.

you might want to break up your posts so that people can read it a little better... something perhaps like what I edited to :)

anyways the temperatures are not that bad...

athlons are designed to run @ upto 90c so those temps are not that bad...

for comparison my case (which is pretty well ventilated) @ load is around 39-40C...

if you watercool or use a very good heatsink you may be able to drop the temps... but those temps you posted are about the average...

Thanx for the reply Sazar.Well i guess i just over reacted then :)

I am glad that the temps are normal,since in my rig the system

temps never go beyond 27C at full load and my expierience with

Athlon setups is pretty limited.Thanx again for the reply and as

you can see point taken :blink:

Originally posted by Kafros
Thanx for the reply Sazar.Well i guess i just over reacted then :)

I am glad that the temps are normal,since in my rig the system

temps never go beyond 27C at full load and my expierience with

Athlon setups is pretty limited.Thanx again for the reply and as

you can see point taken :blink:

lol...

it was not meant to be against you or something... its just a lot easier to see when there is appropriate spacing in paragraphs :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back