New Rig advice (buying tomorrow)

kreation

OSNN Junior Addict
Hi,

I want to buy a new system tomorrow based on an Asus A7N8X Del Mobo and using either a Barton 2500xp or Barton 2600xp CPU.

I will be buying a Case that has a lot of space for fans and I will be adding 4 extra fans to the case for cooling.

I have a few questions though...

Is it worth getting the Barton 2600xp over the Barton 2500xp it's only a few pounds more?

I know the 2500xp is a great overclocker and I would need a far better cooler then the one that is provided, any suggestions for a good value cooler that will allow me to clock the cpu up to 3000/3200 speeds?

Also is it worth getting 333mhz ram or 4000mhz ram, if the fsb is only 333 what would be the benefit of 400mhz ram?, any suggestions for good cheap memory would be appreciated as well. I want to get 1 gig's worth.

Sorry for all the questions but I want to build the best system I can for the best value, and I know you guys know what you're talking about.

Many thanks in advance.

Yes

Havent got a clue, sorry (I have a P4 :))

333Mhz is fine, but 400 has about .8 of a Gb more bandwidth total.

Stick with the 2500+ great value, u can always overclock the FSB from 333 to 400 if you are too worried.

Thanks for the info so far, I really need some suggestions for the cooler and memory though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back