New Release: Windows PowerShell 1.0 (Monad)

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
Windows PowerShell 1.0 English installation packages for Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 and for Windows XP Service Pack 2

Microsoft Windows® PowerShell is a new command-line shell and scripting language that is designed for system administration and automation. Windows PowerShell lets IT professionals and developers control and automate the administration of Windows and applications. Also, Windows PowerShell is built on the Microsoft .NET Framework.

Windows PowerShell includes the following features:

• More than 130 command-line tools (called "cmdlets") for performing common system administration tasks such as managing services, processes, event logs, certificates, the registry, and for using Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
  • Command-line tools that are easy to use that have standard naming conventions and common parameters, as well as that have simple tools for sorting, filtering, and formatting data and objects
  • Support for existing scripting languages, existing command-line tools, and multiple versions of Windows such as Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista™, and the Microsoft Windows Server code name “Longhorn" operating system
  • Features that let users explore data stores such as the registry and certificate stores as if they are file systems
  • Standard utilities for managing Windows data in different stores and formats such as Active Directory Service Interfaces, Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), Component Object Model (COM) objects, ActiveX Data Objects (ADO), HTML, and XML
  • Sophisticated expression parsing and the .NET Framework object manipulation at the command line, such as the pipelining of objects, helps IT professionals to work more efficiently and effectively
  • An extensible interface that enables independent software vendors and enterprise developers to build custom cmdlets to meet unique application and system administration requirements

More Information and Download: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/926139

am trying it out. not sure how much i will use most of the fetaures though

I have no use for this, but it is cool nonetheless.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back