new puter?

O

oO ShifterZ Oo

currently i have a
-1.2 ghz t-bird
-512 pc133 RAM
-generic sound (onboad)
-hercules prophet II 32 mb mx (i think is broke cuz ima gettin 8 fps in cS)
-3 window case wit lights
-40 gig hdd
-12x12x52x dvd/cdrom (which i think is broken)
-8x8x32 cdrw
-floopy
-msi turbo-r mobo
-net card
-56k modem (but on cable)

n0w my question is should i upgrade or build a new comp. i think upgrading is a waste of money so im thinking to build an entire new system. but i want it to be top of the line, that will last me a long time. im gonna mostly use the computer for gaming, w0rd, net, chat, graphic, muiltimedia design, web design. can anyone list me a some spec.s and some cheap prices for me to base my system on.

top of the line thatll last you 3 mos

why is "upgrading" a waste of money?
isnt a new computer one big "upgrade"?:)

It all depends how much money you have. If you have lots then new system, if you don't then upgrade. I reckon a better graphics card would be a good investment. If your mobo supports it a gf3 of the TI range are good for thier price, don't get anything from the MX range.

get a radeon...they r cheap now.....since the 9700 is out, 8500s(128mb) can be had for sub 200 if u try hard enuff,
and save a 100+ bux and buy a 19" trin.....then u can get a REAL cpu(athlon xp, or wait a bit for a hammer and a new mobo)

[CpK]Bastid
"why is "upgrading" a waste of money?
isnt a new computer one big "upgrade"?"

-well i think upgrading is a waste bcuz if say i buy a new vid card, where will my old vid card go, yes i could swap it with an other computer, but then wat will happen to the other once, but i best say upgrading is not really a waste of money, but idunno.

joshuajme

- i agree

Kw4ntuM
"get a radeon...they r cheap now.....since the 9700 is out, 8500s(128mb) can be had for sub 200 if u try hard enuff,
and save a 100+ bux and buy a 19" trin.....then u can get a REAL cpu(athlon xp, or wait a bit for a hammer and a new mobo)"

i already of a 21" sony trinition, and i think ima gonna stick wit the ndiva range, cuz my friends radeon melted in one of our lan partys. and he said dat he woulnd recommend it.

Get a new tower box, keep the monitor... unless you're opting for a new monitor. :D

well mabey upgrade your video card now, and then wait for the rest of the system till the Hammers come out,

1.2 ahtlon is still a fine system and with a bran new vdo card will run anything u throw at it.....

.... just my 2 cents :) .....

Originally posted by oO ShifterZ Oo
[CpK]Bastid
"why is "upgrading" a waste of money?
isnt a new computer one big "upgrade"?"

-well i think upgrading is a waste bcuz if say i buy a new vid card, where will my old vid card go, yes i could swap it with an other computer, but then wat will happen to the other once, but i best say upgrading is not really a waste of money, but idunno.

give vid card to me:).....not wastin money....helpin me out:)

or when u get enuff "old"spare parts build another computer, donate to charity.....tax break:)

umm i think im gonna upgrade and wait for new things to be created for puters. I think ima gonna get a new vic card for fact ti4200 ot ti4400 and maybe a soundcard + a logitec 4.1 system.

dont waste your money on a ti class vid card if you going to spend the money go for the radeon 9700

Originally posted by oO ShifterZ Oo
umm i think im gonna upgrade and wait for new things to be created for puters. I think ima gonna get a new vic card for fact ti4200 ot ti4400 and maybe a soundcard + a logitec 4.1 system.
good idea, shifterz... your comp is fine, minus the video card.

the way I see it, it's always a bad time to upgrade, there is always going to be something new not so far down the road. I say go find the most upgradable new stuff you can afford.

newer video cards will always be 'right around the corner'... so if shifterz went and bought a gf3 ti200 for $80 or gf4 ti 4200 for $140, it'd be okay, imo.

yeah, but the radeon 9700 is something like $350. if he upgrades, he certainly doesn't need the newest and the fastest. i think the gf3 and gf4 i mentioned give a good amount of performance for their price.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back