New PSU

ming

OSNN Advanced
I'm planning to build m new PC this summer after having postponed it last xmas.
I'm looking to start off with getting a new PSU as the one on my other machine is dying. So, I was wondering if you guys can help me out here. I have no idea about what I should be looking at in particular, but I always come across seeing stuff about 12v rail or something like that.

I have one PSU in mind at the moment and it's the Antec NeoPower 480W for it's cable management and ATX v2.0. I will be needing v2 for when I build my AMD64 with the nf4 boards and pci-e.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks

brings tears to my eyes:p i love my antec, but im ganna have to part with it and when i get to canada ill get a new one:D

That is a good choice ming. I myself am using the Antec TruePower 430W PSU for my AMD64 system. My board doesn't use PCIexpress. AGP on mine.

OCZ makes some good PSUs but I think they are kind of expensive

Check out Anandtech.com Hardocp.com and Xbitlabs.com and see if they have any recent PSU reviews. I've seen some recently but didn't read.

Could someone explain a bit about the 12v rail and stuff related to that please. Want to know more about it coz imma complete noob. :p

ming said:
Could someone explain a bit about the 12v rail and stuff related to that please. Want to know more about it coz imma complete noob. :p

I thought you had graduated from n00b School already!

from my understanding of the 12v rail it needs to be bare minimum 18A...that is the bare minimum. I would look for something at 24A or higher

no no antec 550 it's what i have better than the 480 it's what i had :D and the 550 isn't that expensive either

Lee said:
I thought you had graduated from n00b School already!

Shhh! not so loud. ;)
nah, I don't understand that rail thing in PSUs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back