new processor and mobo

Nismo83

OSNN AZN Addict
i'm getting a new cpu and mobo together with ram as mine just got struck by lighting.. which 1 is the best in term of cost. i'm looking at p4 2.4/533mhz/s478/512cache without HT. izit ok?

You should just spend the extra few dollars and get the 800mhz fsb version of the 2.4. You get HT as well with that.

Originally posted by jumpy
You should just spend the extra few dollars and get the 800mhz fsb version of the 2.4. You get HT as well with that.

True! That's a pretty fair performance difference between the two Intel processor types.

Also, don't rule out an Athlon XP 2700 or a 2800 both with NForce chipsets, since they are both in the price range you're looking at. These are also undeniably more powerful at nearly every task than even the 2.4Ghz Intel with the 800MHz FSB

thanks for your comment... i just bought a athlon xp 2600+ with 333 FSB and 1024 dual ddr333 (2x512), abit nf7 mobo, ...

actually my old p4 1.5 and mobo and all stuff except HDD and ROM gone up to heaven as my pc was struck by lighting thru network cable... and all 9 pc inc. mine at the LAN all gone... it was a disaster.. luckily my HDD is still ok.. if not i'm gonna cry like hell

Man it must be an epidemic. I know 3 guys who's PC's got lightning hit in the last 2 weeks. We were talking about lightning suppressors for LANs at work today.

Anbody know of any?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back