New printer and external HDD

Mizzle

Oh, now I know...!
Hey everyone,

I'm in the process of writing a list of things I need to get, and I've just added a printer and 2 external HDDS. I'll need a printer capable of delivering very high quality prints with excellent colour reproduction at high DPI levels in A4 and A5 sizes. The price is not really an issue, but I'd of course prefer something less costly. A laser printer would probably be preferred as well.

Also, I'll need 2 external HDDs as said. I'm looking for something with 500 GB - 1 TB storage capacity, 16 MB cache and min. 7,200 RPM. I'd love for it to be SATA, and support both USB, Firewire (400 or 800) and - if possible - eSATA.

Please help! Will be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks a lot :)

I'm guessing you're into graphics and such, and will probably need some harddisks of your own. Any HDDs you've got good experience with? I'm going to use them for photographs mainly.

I don't have many externals, but i trust Seagate and Western Digital. Anything else either sucks or I don't trust.

Carpo and Johnny,
Thanks! I'll have a look at the My Book.

With regards to the printer, I don't really need the scanner functionality. Do you know anyone as good without? :)

http://h10088.www1.hp.com/cda/gap/display/main/gap_content.jsp?zn=gap&cp=1-247-313-324^22330_4000_101__

for photo printing your choice is inkjet or dyesub. you may prefer dyesub is you like glossies, but most people prefer inkjet. and although an all-in-one may produce ok results, if you really aren't bothered about the price, better to go with a dedicated photo printer.

epson, hp, and canon each produce machines that have reviewed very, very well. the choice will likely depend on your specific requirements (eg low volume or high volume, size, need to print b&w or not). any more details please?

NOt sure ahout all MyBooks but a guy at work gave me his MyBook enclosures after we took the drives out to make em internal. And the enclosures have USB/Firewire and eSATA.

all i can see on my external drive is a usb connection, cant see any others, so unless the black case is covering over the other ones, or mine is just usb only

Depending on what one you get, carpo, will determin what you can connect it with. There are different types of My Book drives; I have the My Book essential and it has both USB and Firewire connections on it.

Flipping esata! Grr ! Oh well, I got mine when it first came out; also paid double what it cost now lol.

same as mine (size wise and look) but mine only has usb, mine is the essential, mini usb one end normal usb the other, never mind, does what i need it to do and that's hold files :D

The only real difference is what can be hooked up. From I seen anyhow.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back