New Pre-N blekin router problems

mlakrid

OSNN BASSMASTER
Political Access
Hey Guys well I dont know where this thread really should have been entered seing as how the main problem I am having with this router is with Counter Strike Source... at first I thought it was the new CSS update they just ran (because they had screwed up my install before with an update) so I uninstalled and re-installed the game.

I can not switch from weapon to weapon or walk three steps without getting set back two ....

this is driving me insane I have checked all of my settings in-game and they are how they were when I was using my old Linksys router..

ALL of these problems started afetr I removed the linksys and setup my new PRE-N Belkin...
has anyopne seen this kind of problem before??

I am headed back to google to see if I can dig up a fix... post here if you find something first and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Did you get all the ports opened that CSS needs?

Try setting the router to DMZ for your game machine and see if the problem clears up. If it does fix it it's just a matter of port forwarding, if the router can handle the number of ports requried. Some routers choke when you open too many ports which produces an effect like internet lag.

Then there was MS. They were selling routers that were incompatible with their own MSN gaming network a few years ago...

PS Try the old linksys too to make sure it really is not an install issue. When they updated CSS they may have changed the server side code also affecting operation through routers.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I tried Tuffgong's suggestion, as I had already tried LeeJends... still no luck

Anymore Ideas???

I have already uninstalled and re-installed the app.. :( Still NO luck

Ill be waiting...

Re: New Pre-N belkin router problems

Try a direct connection from modem to PC without any router as this will tell you where the problem is. If OK with direct connection then some setting in router is not right or router is hosed. If messed up when directly connected then it is something with Steam.

i think maybe even though u uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, that doesnt mean it cleans out all the registry entries etc, try deleting all entries from the registry and cleaning out any folders it installs to, and then reinstalling it, i bet it will work, some programs you have to end up doing this, if not, and it is really your belkin router then check if theres a firmware update, but i doubt its the router

Yeah, if DMZ didn't help then either it's a game bug or that particular router has problem.

Run a DSL reports test through that router and see if the speed, packet loss etc is correct. If it is then it's a Staem issue.

I connected directly to the router as AZ suggested, the game runs fine, I now know it is a router problem...

I'm surprised opening up the ports on the router didn't work. One time I set up the IP addresses wrong so it wasn't seeing my computer. I do a range now (like 192.168.0.100-192.168.0.110) that solved my problem with the firewall and also got a much lower ping when playing css. Also making sure the firewall is open always makes a difference. I set it up once for only certain periods of time and it didn't work when I wanted it too.

try disabling anonymous Internet requests and check your filters. i.e., ident port 113

I'm surprised opening up the ports on the router didn't work. One time I set up the IP addresses wrong so it wasn't seeing my computer. I do a range now (like 192.168.0.100-192.168.0.110) that solved my problem with the firewall and also got a much lower ping when playing css. Also making sure the firewall is open always makes a difference. I set it up once for only certain periods of time and it didn't work when I wanted it too.

I went as far as turning the firewall OFF, but still no change, it is VERY weird the game will play... but like I said earlier I cant kill anyone because I lag so hard.. I take 2 steps forward and then one step back...

This is SOO frustrating...

:( :cry:

try disabling anonymous Internet requests and check your filters. i.e., ident port 113

Hmmm I dont remember seeing this as a setting but when I get home I supose I will look at it...

In the meanwhile... if any of you think of anything... please let me know!

I will be on vacation from the 2nd to the 9th of December and will begin checking emails and my newsgroups then :)

Mike A!

You should only need to disable anonymous Internet requests if you were creating and running a server but just connecting to one it should not matter. Default Linksys setting would have had anonymous Internet requests blocked and you said you had no problems with it. You said you turned off the firewall and DMZ'ed with no affect so I do not think it is port filtering either.

What firmware does router have?

Latest I see for that router is 1.01.03

Are you trying to play the game through the wired or wireless part of the router?

1) I dont remember the latest firmware version but I used the "check firmware version" in the router config and it said I have the latest version
2) Wired... thats how I knew it was a router issue, if I connect straight through the cable modem no issues...

Belkin not blekin

The "home" page of router setting will show the firmware version.

How are downloads with the router connected?

Try a big file and see what happens like if the transfer rate fluctuates a lot > SP2

With Steam running click on this link and it will tell you if your ports are open for Steam:

Steam Connection Test

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back