New PlayStation set for May debut

L

Lee

Gamers will get their first glimpse of the next-generation PlayStation in May next year, Sony has said.

The electronics giant is planning to show off the console at the annual E3 video games trade show in Los Angeles.

But the chief executive of Sony Computer Entertainment, Ken Kutaragi, did not say when the machine would go on sale to the public.

Rivals Microsoft and Nintendo are also working on new consoles, which could be unveiled at the same LA event.

Read More

Source

Can't wait to see both consoles.
bigsmile.gif

PS3 for me :) CELL processor!! baby

Spec of PS3's "CELL"

A prefered instance for deploying Cell processors is 4 data * 8 APU * 4 PE. As a result, 512 32bit floating point arithmetic and 512 32bit integer arithmetic per clock are processed simultaneously. In short word the number of clock on CELL is 1 Tera FLOPS.=(trillion floating-point calcuations per second)

Specification is following;
4Ghz Main processor
-32 sub processors on one chip
-256 processing units
-max 1024 32bit data calculation
-1 Tera FLOPS power==(trillion floating-point calcuations per second)
-the number of transistors is over 1B
-outer memory is "Yellowstone" DRAM by Rambus)3.2-6.4 Ghz memory – 50-100 Gigabytes/sec
-chip-interconnect technology will be "Redwood" by Rambus
-"Emotion Engine2", the core chipset of PS2, is integrated in one chip with a "Graphics Synthesizer"

tdinc said:
Spec of PS3's "CELL"

A prefered instance for deploying Cell processors is 4 data * 8 APU * 4 PE. As a result, 512 32bit floating point arithmetic and 512 32bit integer arithmetic per clock are processed simultaneously. In short word the number of clock on CELL is 1 Tera FLOPS.=(trillion floating-point calcuations per second)

Specification is following;
4Ghz Main processor
-32 sub processors on one chip
-256 processing units
-max 1024 32bit data calculation
-1 Tera FLOPS power==(trillion floating-point calcuations per second)
-the number of transistors is over 1B
-outer memory is "Yellowstone" DRAM by Rambus)3.2-6.4 Ghz memory – 50-100 Gigabytes/sec
-chip-interconnect technology will be "Redwood" by Rambus
-"Emotion Engine2", the core chipset of PS2, is integrated in one chip with a "Graphics Synthesizer"

Processors don't mean anything. Games do. That being said, PS3 will obviously have some great games.

Yeah, no doubt

Will be interesting to see how good these next-generation consoles will be. Also, imo it is time for nintendo to offer an online service, they're being too stubborn about it...

hsn said:
Yeah, no doubt

Will be interesting to see how good these next-generation consoles will be. Also, imo it is time for nintendo to offer an online service, they're being too stubborn about it...
I've become kinda sick of this "all-in-one-we-do-everything-but-play-good-games-and-we-have-a-console-as-big-as-a-house" type crap ... think I might just skip the next gen and do what I never thought I would .. become a PC gamer :(

[would be nice to see N do more online though ;)]

I'm just worried that the next gen consoles will be horribly expensive with all the technology in them...also most (not all) of the best games on the consoles have been ported to the pc or started off on the pc so I might just buy the cheapest so I can play all the sports games I want to play...so maybe Nintendo here I come back!

Yeah, games are what make up a console, not its hardware.

Between choosing a Gamecube and a SNES, I'd probably go for the SNES simply for the games it had, not its hardware. Gamecube isn't that bad, but it can't beat the SNES.

And for PC gaming, I don't think I would be able to afford a good graphics card, they're way too expensive. I mainly use PC for work and etc, for games, there are some good consoles out there, and almost every PC game is ported to a console and vice versa.

:)

Tuffgong4 said:
I'm just worried that the next gen consoles will be horribly expensive with all the technology in them...also most (not all) of the best games on the consoles have been ported to the pc or started off on the pc so I might just buy the cheapest so I can play all the sports games I want to play...so maybe Nintendo here I come back!
Well, if they are expensive, chances are, majority of the people won't buy them. And the prices will drop, sooner or later. :)

hsn said:
Well, if they are expensive, chances are, majority of the people won't buy them. And the prices will drop, sooner or later. :)
Sorry to flame but PS2 was [and is] over priced junk and it sold fine :p

-edit- forgot *cough*xbox*cough* .. ok I'm done [sorry].

Xie said:
Sorry to flame but PS2 was [and is] over priced junk and it sold fine :p

-edit- forgot *cough*xbox*cough* .. ok I'm done [sorry].
Well, of course they are/will be because of the **** they've stuffed in those big boxes :p :D

It's gonna be tough to decide which one to buy.
tongue.gif

im just going to stick with my Gamecube for the duration i think, depending on what the new nintendo console is :p
But when the new consoles are released then the games will come down in price so i can get my hands on them easier.

lol i wonder if theyll come out with a Gamecube 2, that would suck, not really any competition though between the xbox and playstations

anywhoo have fun

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back