New pentium 4's

iceman7311

OSNN Senior Addict
WAHT DOES EVERYONE THINK OF the new pentiun 4's with 64 bit thchnology and a 2 mb cache
is amd still better?

Re: New Oentium 4's

Might want to check your thread title there. ;)

64 bit technology? I haven't heard of that in the P4's.

You have a link?

the 600 series does have 64 bit extensions and a form of "cool n quiet" like in AMD processors. Now for the added meg of cache it seems that a 3.8 GHz p4 with 1MB of cache will perform better than a 3.6 with 2MB of cache so it seems in this processor it's give or take. It's a wash with the 600 series and 500 series processors.

In my opinion, the latest from Intel are basically just face-lifted Prescott's.

they are just tweaked Prescotts but they are much better than the first gen prescotts and are catching back up to AMD in performance...I would still choose an AMD first but the gap has closed a little

The give away that the "new" Intel's aren't any big deal is the lack of 3rd party benchmarks being shown all over.

If the performance was anything to write home about Intel would be bragging all over the place.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back