new pc 2500+ or 3200+

AudioSlayer

OSNN Addict
My pc broke about a month ago, and i just got the money to save up. I have about 450 dollars to buy new stuff. All i need is a motherboard, ram, and a processor. I am heavly into gameing, i want something that will run hl2. I currently haVE A 9600, in july i will be buying a 9800Xt. Which should i get...

1. GIGABYTE "GA-7NNXP" nForce2 Ultra 400 Chipset Motherboard
2.AMD Athlon XP 2500+ "Barton", 333 FSB, 512K Cache Processor (overclocked as high is it can go)
3.Thermaltake Voice Controlled Cold Cathode Fluorescence Lamp
4.ROUND, 24-Inch, True ATA133/100, IDE Cable, 3-Head ( YELLOW )
5. Pmi Turbo Memory Dual Channel Kit 184-Pin 512MB (256MBx2) DDR PC-3700
6.Arctic Silver Premium Silver Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound
7.ZALMAN CNPS7000A-Cu Pure Copper CPU Cooler
8.Dynatron Aluminum Hard Disk Driver Cooler with 2 Ball Bearing Cooling Fan

or

1. Amd 64 bit 2800+
2. CHAINTECH "VNF3-250" nForce3 250 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket
3.A-DATA 184 Pin 512M DDR PC-4000, Model ADBJC1916 - OEM
4.ZALMAN CNPS7000A-Cu Pure Copper CPU Cooler

What one should i go with? Is it worth it to go with the 64 bit system and lost all the extras. Or should i go with package one and get all of the goodies. What should i change in the packages? What is the ulimate rig or 450 dollars?

If you're in desparate need of a new machine in the near future, then the first choice is actually very good. You may want to choose between a 2500+ and a 2600+ cpu though. There isn't too much of a price difference between the two, and they give more value for money over any of the other cpus out there.

yes i have to have one package, no waiting i have to have it

i was leaning towards package 2 but will i notice a big speed jump between the 64 bit and the 32 bit. What will overclock higher the 2600+ or the 2500+?

I'm not familiar with the OC side of things, so won't be able to help you there.
Also, the board that I've got a present doesn't seem to allow me to OC, or maybe I just haven't studied it enough to know how to OC on it.

Edit to package one

forget the ide cable and get this motherboard (comes with ide cables and a front usb box)

CHAINTECH "7NJL1-APOGEE" nForce2 Ultra 400 Chipset Motherboard for AMD

The total price of package one.....

Total price of package two....

I think package 1 is the choice for me

IF the objective is gaming and cost then go with package one. The 64 BIT CPU won't do squat for your frame rate. Put the extra money into the video card. That's what will give you gaming performance.

The 64 BIT is faster for offcie app's, analysis, photo, etc. but my barton is plenty of horsepower. Besides they are going to change the cpu socket soon anyway so the current 64 bit is a dead end.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back