New OSNN theme / site launched

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the last few days and at various times during the last few weeks, months and years I have been working on a new version of OSNN and today I think it has reached the stage where it is ready to replace the old system.

We have been using Virtuanews since around 2002, but the project is pretty much dead which could well have opened it up to security issues and such, but in a shallower and yet more important sense was leaving it behind in the direction the web is moving.

Today we switch to vBadvanced, a system that is more tightly integrated with vBulletin which we have been using on the forums for nearly 8 years, this allows us to more easily keep the style up to date, moderate new posts in a single area. There is so much more as well, but I am pretty hyped up at the moment as I was really looking forward to getting this online.

There is of course, still work to be done and I have a todo list that just seems to keep getting longer as I spot things that need work! The most obvious is the lack of logo! But yes, its coming!

Thanks to the team and the elite members for helping me test the site out and please enjoy the new OSNN as it continues to evolve, let me know what bugs you find and what you think of it!

Last edited:
I had the old site still open in my browser, so here it is for historical purpose!

Attachments

• collapsed.jpg
    collapsed.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 332
  • open.jpg
    open.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 257
N
Well, I was not expecting this today. It's quite the change, I feel like I am on a new site and confused lol Well done!

EP,

I was a little taken aback by the new format of OSNN. But after looking around a few minutes I find that I like the new look, a lot. I'm not a web designer (I work in IT) but I have an idea of how much effort that you've put into the new site.

I think that you've done a superb job. Keep up the great work.

SysProg

nicee! i love it :]
and not just the theme.. its cool to have the news linked to the forums.

good job, patrick!

I like the colors, the red looks nice. Altho, an inverted color look would look cool and not so bright for those late night visits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back