New office PC

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
a friend is wanting me to build them a pc that is just for word processing and internet and e-mail, and it needs to be cheap, all she wants is a tower, now i was thinking about eaither a duron or a celeron, what ever is cheaper for performance with that stuff, it is over 1ghz at least so, anyone got any ideas

specs of partial computer

250-350 wt psu
ATX case
processer (what one not sure)
if amd then a MSI probbaly
on board sound
gforce 2 mx 400
512mb SDram hopefully or maybe DDR if i hvae to

any other ideas on how to save money?

Want to go REALLY cheap? Get a VIA Eden M1000. They have onboard video, 6 channel audio, USB, LAN, 1394, TV out and a bunch of other stuff as well as already having a 1GHz processor on the board. The board runs about $160.

http://www.viavpsd.com/product/epia_m_spec.jsp?motherboardId=81

It's a Mini ITX board. It will fit in any ATX case and work with any ATX powersupply. It is only 17x17cm in size so you could throw it into a tiny case as well if you wanted to.

Just a though. Good luck!

thoes look really good, i did some e-mailing to see what the prices are going to be in total, but other than that does anyone know waht one is better for this stuff, celeron or duron?

for a simple workstation, i get Intel grg boards a celeron 1.7 or so, 256 meg, 40 gig box and all whole mess for well under $300

i get the boards for about $30 new hunt around deals can be had

all good parts, very stable and more than fast enough for web, email and office stuff:happy:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back