• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

New NVidia drivers corrupt DVD playback

I

isamuelson

I installed the newest NVidia drivers for XP (v29.42) and it caused PowerDVD 4.0 XP to have corrupted playback of DVDs with the hardware acceleration turned on.

If I turned off the hardware acceleration and the picture is fine, although it's a little bit choppy at times.

I then I rolled back to the previous drivers and everything worked fine with hardware acceleration turned on. Thank goodness for the recovery feature of Xp. I'm just glad I actual created a restore point just before I installed the new drivers (I make it a habit to do so).

My system is as follows:

AMD Duron 1000
640MB RAM
Geforce2 MX2 400 64MB
Windows XP
PowerDVD 4.0 XP

I have all the latest patches to XP and my drivers, but the newest NVidia drivers cause problems.

Anyone else experience this? I don't know if it's the video driver or PowerDVD.

Thanks!

R

rodneyck

I was think about installing these drivers but I use PowerDVD alot. Is anyone else having this problem? :confused:

K

Kramer2K

I installed the new drivers and Power DVD XP works fine for me...So i haven't a clue why its messing yours up.

M

mbunny

PowerDVD's DVD Hardware Accel is only for when the DVD is paused/stopped isn't it?

29.42's have absolutely no effect on my DVD Playback.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies