New newegg

I like the look. Now if only I had $ to blow to test it. :p

VenomXt, if you dont buy that 4000+, little garden gnomes will come to your house and eat your cat

its nice i saw it, but thats not what attracts me to newegg, its just an amazing site/online shop. always get my electronics from it even if theres a couple of dollars difference between another store

you need a 3500+ the 4000+ is a waste of money as is the entire FX line :D

Get the 4000, its worth it. You will be set for a while... wont need to upgrade like everyone else that has a 3500 or lower. Especially if you have/are going to have a Sli setup... Sli setups require more CPU power. If you short change yourself with a lowend cpu then you are only shooting your GPU potential in the foot.

Oh, and the site looks nice. Reminds me of Essential Computers before they dissapeared. :(

Oooooo, XFX GeForce 6600GT AGP $159.00 after $30.00 mail in rebate.

Now there's my test. :)

Xie said:
I like the look. Now if only I had $ to blow to test it. :p

Hell, with all the $$ I have already spent there I should be considered a major investor. :devious:

The 4000 isn't worth it. Not with Rev. E processors coming soon. With Rev. E you have a chance of getting a dual core processor. Save the cash, get a 3700 Rev. E with 1mb cache.

I got to see the new site about a month ago, since I been a customer of thiers for about two years, they gave me special prevs lol .. It is a nice site, I love it .

ShepsCrook said:
The 4000 isn't worth it. Not with Rev. E processors coming soon. With Rev. E you have a chance of getting a dual core processor. Save the cash, get a 3700 Rev. E with 1mb cache.

REv E processors are going to be higher overclockers and be better in general as are most revisions of AMD 64 processors

Wait for the dual core AMDs to come out. One of them is supposed to be a 4800+. :p

I tell you. The next time I build a computer (probably no earlier than 2006), it will probably be uber-fast and blow away my 2400+!

Melon

I just went from a 2400+ to a 4000+ and let me tell you... WOHOO!!! Its insane. I was gonna wait for the E3 revision San Diego Core... but They wernt gonna make it to market for another month or so, and the preliminary prices seemed to be way more expensive. After wanting to build this rig for a year... I just couldnt wait one more month :p Although in hind sight... I probably should have. Oh well.

I ordered a SLi Deluxe monday, they are still messing around and havent shipped it yet. They used to be so fast. Maybe there is a problem with their site?

VenomXt, if you dont buy that 4000+, little garden gnomes will come to your house and eat your cat

i dont have a cat... but god help them if they touch riely (my new black lab) and i have decided to wait for a dual core. Revision E as you call it.. if i wait long enough then.. i can have better and better...

Upgrade time is coming in May (end of it) i will be building a completely new rig. and you will all input.. hehe

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back