New Motherboard and CPU Suggestions

dere

Forensix
Ok, I am about to get a new motherboard and cpu. I know that the cpu will be an AMD but am not sure which motherboard I want to get yet. All three of my current systems have ECS motherboards which I have had no problems with. I am thinking of possibly getting a Asus for this one though. I want to have at least 3 DDR slots on the board I get. On the processor, I am either gonna go with an XP or MP but not sure which is really better. I do not want to pay an arm and a leg for these two items. Any suggestions would be great. I have a couple weeks to decide and want to look around first.
One other thing. The three systems I am running right now have the following CPUs

1. Athlon XP 1800
2. Athlon 1.4Ghz 266 FSB
3. Athlon 900Mhz 200 FSB

So I am at least looking to better those :)

mp processors are if you want a multiprocessor system.

asus makes good boards.

also fyi, amd will be introducing their next line of processors in a few months. so if i were in your position, i'd wait for the new hardware.

Update To Suggestions

Ok, The order has already been placed. I was already looking at the Asus that you all suggested. So here is what i decided to get.

Asus A7S333
Amd Athlon XP 1900+ (1.6Ghz) 266FSB
Get Copper Shim + Artic Silver III + Volcano 6 Copper Base Heatsink and Fan
512MB DDR PC2700

Was going to go with the 2100 or 2000 but found a damn good deal on the 1900.

Thanks for the suggestions.

if you set them to jumper free (default) and leave everything as it is at default it will start and run normall. when tweaking be careful

P4 2.53B with the Ausus P4T533 with Samsung 32 bit RIMM. Allows OC with jumpers or jumperless in BIOS.:D

Originally posted by SnookBooger
P4 2.53B with the Ausus P4T533 with Samsung 32 bit RIMM. Allows OC with jumpers or jumperless in BIOS.:D

Okay, I'd go w/ DDR and not Rambus....DDR is cheaper, and is scaling faster than Rambus ever could.

Isn't DDR 32 Bit already? In fact, isn't it 128 bit? Hmmm.....

I'm talking RAMBUS tech. Why are we comparing apples and oranges again? Anyway, I punched the monkey and got to download my free copy of Ad-aware Plus!:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back