• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

New motherboard [ AGP 4x ]

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
Well , if you remember from my post ( " Leadtek Geforce4MX 440 driver problem " - on Driver sheet ) I had major problems after upgrading to this card . Tested all kind of driver but nothing ..

So I've took a look in BIOS , in this way maybe I could change somethin' and I've saw the terrible : AGP was selected to 2x . I've changed it to 4x ( this is normal , am I right ? ) but my computer wouldn't even start ( black screen , cooler working ) . Reset BIOS and all came to normal .

Now my intention is to change my actual mobo (KT266) ECS M830 Sis 735 ( that is not working with 4x ) with a new one (KT333) : I have 3 choises in my mind :

1) Asus that supports AGP 4x
2) Epox that supports AGP 4x
3) MSI that supports AGP 4x

or any else . The definition of the new mobo must include :
- stability
- performant
- DDR memory or SDR with DDR ( both )

Huge thanks for all your help ! :)

M

Malius

If you're looking for a new KT333 Mobo, take a look at Toms Hardware:

http://www17.tomshardware.com/mainboard/02q2/020509/index.html

Although they have rated the Gigabyte GA-7VRXP as the top in the category, I've read numerous posts that this board has more problems than any other!

I chose the Soltek SL-75DRV5 for a couple reasons.

One: The ability of the board to detect and handle thermal overloads (ABSII)
Two: Rated fairly high on all tests perfomed.
Three: Didn't have unnecessary features that I don't need.
Four: Has an awesome software package.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saryrehgy