new memory caused file corrupt

kingsam

OSNN Addict
I just put an extra 512 stick of kingston memory in my mates pc,with his 256stick,and we had problems so took the 512 stick out now when windows xp has boooted up it comes up windows has found a corrupted file(cant remember the name),run check disk.Ran check disc and it doesnt fix it,any suggestions please,cant access system restore,so is it a format or what,please help.Many thanks.

File Missing?

I just put an extra 512 stick of kingston memory in my mates pc,with his 256stick,and we had problems so took the 512 stick out now when windows xp has boooted up it comes up windows has found a corrupted file(cant remember the name),run check disk.Ran check disc and it doesnt fix it,it hangs for a while then comes up with that error message,any suggestions please,cant access system restore,so is it a format or what,please help.Many thanks.

let the computer boot from the xp cd. then go about repairing your installation. everything should remain intact.

Repair

I dont know anything about the repair mode, i know how to get to it,but thats it.

i didn't mean the repair console. yeah, i don't know how to use that either. just try installing windows normally.. and it will ask you if you want to format or install over the current system files or something... pretty sure.

kingsam only post this once and wait for a reply. Do not post the same problem multiple times in different threads.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back