tibboh

Arte et Marte
My daughter wishes to become a member (at long last) but as I used her 'puter to access this site when I was building my new machine, it automatically defaults to my user name.

I thought be simply 'logging out' my user name on her computer, she would be able to log in as new member, but this does not happen. As i do not want to loose my account details, would disabling the browser board cookies on her computer allow her to do a clean log on?

Sounds simple enough - but it was late when I tried, an the brain was not at its best.

Regards

Try cleaning out temp internet files, history etc, then come back here.

What browser are you using? If Mozilla just create a new profile and each of you can still use the same browser but each has their profile and such.

If you are using a new computer now and she is using the one that you originally joined here with just clean out all the temp internet files, history and so on as Hipster said.

But with Mozilla once she creates her own profile (this is if the both of you are still usin the same computer), she can set the properties of the browser and the cookies and she can just sign in and when you use the browser and use your profile it will still remember your info... as long as ya don't clear out all the cookies and temp files. :D

Nope - cleared alll temp internet files on 'puter and cleared the cookies on here, but it will always have me 'logged in' as user.

She really wants to use this forum for discussions/help, but I cannot see how to get her logged in, short of remormatting her hard drive. Is the system not designed to allow 2 users different profiles using the same computer?

tibboh

Originally posted by tibboh
Nope - cleared alll temp internet files on 'puter and cleared the cookies on here, but it will always have me 'logged in' as user.

She really wants to use this forum for discussions/help, but I cannot see how to get her logged in, short of remormatting her hard drive. Is the system not designed to allow 2 users different profiles using the same computer?

tibboh
If you cleaned out your cookies then it should have worked. Like gonaads asked, what browser are you using? Try running ad aware or spybot that may help.

If you are usin XP just create a seperate account (user) on the computer. This way there is one for you and one for your daughter. They will be totally seperate from each other in all respects including web browser activity.

If you are both using the same computer account and say that you are using IE then it will not distinguish between the two of you.

Just have two seperate accounts on the computer... one for you and one for her. :)

She can then log on as her and do whatever on the web including becoming a member here :D then when she is done just log off and then you can log on as you and do as you do.

Think you didn't clean up properly. Just use AE Cleandisk 2002 freeware to clean up everything is the easiest option short of creating a completely new user.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back