new medical benefit of circumcision

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
I know there's plenty of debate between those that advocate circumsision and those that think it's a cruel painfull, meaningless ritual

some research demonstrates health benefits, some research claims the benfits do not outway the liability

anyway, this new research is profound in impact;

from here

Circumcision 'cuts' HIV infection

Foreskin cells are thought to be more vulnerable to HIV infection
Circumcision can cut the rate of HIV infection in heterosexual men by 50%, results from two African trials show.
The findings are so striking, the US National Institutes of Health decided it would be unethical to continue and stopped the trials early.

It supports a previous South African study which reported similar results.

Experts said it was a significant breakthrough but could not replace standard methods of preventing infection such as condoms.

this is a huge surprise to me and stunning...at first glance it's counter intuitive, myself thinking the forskin might act as some kind of sheild, however, I suppose the area foreskin protects becomes a more efficiant membrane because of the foresking then when it is exposed to the elements

I wonder if there are statistics concerning men in America

Last edited:
Re: new medical benefit of circumsision

anybody who doesn't get it is gross. and i havent met a woman who would rather be with an uncircumsized male - not to mention the plethora of women Ive heard say that they wouldn't touch an uncircumsized penis. its not healthy!

anybody who doesn't get it is gross. and i havent met a woman who would rather be with an uncircumsized male - not to mention the plethora of women Ive heard say that they wouldn't touch an uncircumsized penis. its not healthy!
that's not fair generic, there are those that think the process is cruel and those that think without the foreskin is gross

that's not fair generic, there are those that think the process is cruel and those that think without the foreskin is gross
Hippies....
The baby doesnt remember it.
I know i dont....

well its not the man's fault it was not removed, its the parent's fault. however nobody will ever remember the operation, so how is that cruel?

well its not the man's fault it was not removed, its the parent's fault. however nobody will ever remember the operation, so how is that cruel?
kind of think if someone took off a piece of my tongue when I was young, I wouldn't remember the event now but it was cruel back then

I take it you haven't met that many women then.

I am uncircumcised, and all it takes is hygiene. Something women have to practice, so should men.

Oh, and about those "women", they don't know what they are missing!

who cares.
We all dealth with it...
It hurt for what, A day?
I dont remember, and if it were that traumatic, i would remember something.

I will admit that I'm all natural as well, and Generic those comments are really unnecessary and quite honestly hurtful. You are coming across as a young naive kid with comments like that. X-Istence hit it right on the head, all it takes is proper hygiene.

As far as this research goes, its a bit surprising to me as well. I was under the same assumption as you perris that the foreskin acts as a natural barrier. While I don't think its cruel to circumcise your child, I do think its unnecessary. There are lots of people however that are uncomfortable with it, and thus make fun of it, so if you want to spare your child some grief in life you might want to have the procedure performed when they are born.

Last edited:
Sorry you are hurt by my opinion. The uncircumsized foreskin is the perfect place for disease and infection. Not like I am degrading those without it performed - but that is simply the facts I read.

If I come off as an ******* - it's probably just because I am very sick with intestinal flu and my temper is short.

Short huh, hmmmmm...

Well there are pros and cons to being a "helmet" or a "hood". But in either case proper hygiene is the only way. Clean and CLEAN. Opinions are like water drops in the Ocean. I have mine you have yours they have their's. In the end if you had it done as a child/infant you don't remember and oh well. If you had it done as a teen or adult. Then it was probably by your/their own preference. Some religions say that a circumcision should be done, some don't. Just keep it clean and don't put it in any "dirty" holes and use a "rain coat". Simple.

And as for GEN3RIC and your comment of the plethora of women... a handful or even two handfuls does not a survey make. Post your finding when you have a few thousand comments as to yes they would, or no they wouldn't. And you thinking it's gross, again one drop of an opinion in an ocean of opinions. I will not say if I am "helmet" or "hood", 'cause I don't give a shiit and it doesn't matter. But to know that there are possibly some health benefits, great.

Now as to giving a circumcision to a baby boy, well that all depends on the parents. Some will due to religious beliefs. Some will due to the cleanliness factor. Some won't due to thinking it is a form of mutilation and some won't just because they would prefer to have their son grow up a bit and decide on his own.

Problem mostly is the hygiene factor some kids are just lousy at cleaning their "wee wees". And I can see the parent in a public bathroom trying to clean their 2 year old's "wee wee", the kid is squirming and those ass hole morons that just see something out of the ordinary to them and yell foul start saying that the parent is molesting the child. Cops ask the kid what the parent did and the kid says they touched my "wee wee". Oh what fun for the parents in that nightmare. It's a really screwed up dilemma. So many parents now have to take that scenario into consideration. Oh the screwed up world in which we have created.

I'm un-circumcised and I've not met a woman yet who complained :smoker:

It's a matter of hygiene, pure and simple. But I haven't really heard of people losing their weiners because of bad hygiene. Maybe that's something you should look into get out there in the news Generic ;)

Besides, you don't typically have sex with a woman conducting a survey about whether or not you're circumcised. That's just weird.

I am uncircumcised, and all it takes is hygiene. Something women have to practice, so should men.

Oh, and about those "women", they don't know what they are missing!
Too right and between you and me there's things can be done with and to that bit of skin
iconcool5lw.gif

:nervous:
Besides, you don't typically have sex with a woman conducting a survey about whether or not you're circumcised. That's just weird.
Haha I can imagine Lee's face if I'd walked up to him and asked if he was circumcised before we got together :laugh:

I await Marge's "book of sex" coming to stores soon.

Why is everybody getting all wound up over my comment? Every woman I've polled (not many, but the ones that matter ;) probably about 10) has said it was something they'd never touch. 10 out of 10 is a pretty good indication..

I don't care enough to conduct a huge pole poll just for your sake.

Why is everybody getting all wound up over my comment? Every woman I've polled (not many, but the ones that matter ;) probably about 10) has said it was something they'd never touch. 10 out of 10 is a pretty good indication..

I don't care enough to conduct a huge pole poll just for your sake.
that would be a task for the pollmaster - me, unfortunately, i have no life. and only know like 5 women well enough that i would ever consider asking such a vial question.

Anyways, it seems yet again, this topic has gone astray from the real topic (HIV being cut by circumcision).

Funny, though, i picked up yesterdays newspaper (Which i never read) and right on the front was this topic :).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back