new medical benefit of circumcision

I'm glad I've been with the same guy for 23 years and we don't have to worry about this kind of thing :smoker:

I wonder what the story is that brings you to circumsicison at an older age
I was born in Russia, where at the time any sign Jewishness could get you into trouble (or at least could get you a decent ass kick at the school showers).
When I moved to Israel as a kid I had the procedure done at a hospital under full sedation.

I was seven at the time so I have pretty much nothing to compare to in terms of "pleasure during sex" but as for the pain involved it wasn't that horrible.
I have a good friend who immigrated at an older age and decided to get circumcised at the age of 24, now that's a world of **** I'd imagine :p

Re: new medical benefit of circumsision

anybody who doesn't get it is gross. and i havent met a woman who would rather be with an uncircumsized male - not to mention the plethora of women Ive heard say that they wouldn't touch an uncircumsized penis. its not healthy!
This post just shows ignorance. You are applying personal opinion as fact. There is nothing unhealthy about it.

One question I would have about this study is the personal hygiene of the men after the sexual act. Are they cleaning up afterwards? Would be interesting to see the results between those who did wash after the act was over and those who did not.

Re: new medical benefit of circumsision

This post just shows ignorance. You are applying personal opinion as fact. There is nothing unhealthy about it.

One question I would have about this study is the personal hygiene of the men after the sexual act. Are they cleaning up afterwards? Would be interesting to see the results between those who did wash after the act was over and those who did not.

Penguin this was a medical study which was done mostly in Africa, which sadly suggests lack of hygiene... this study is not an attack on the uncircumsized, they are trying to find any and all ways to lessen the chances of contracting AIDS almost exclusively...

EDIT: I might also add that while washing up (good hygeine) may lessen the chances of contracting AIDS it does NOT guarantee you wont get it.. non-oxynol-9 or oxygen which are the best ways dont even guarantee that... kind of simple... WRAP IT UP!

Last edited:
I was born in Russia, where at the time any sign Jewishness could get you into trouble (or at least could get you a decent ass kick at the school showers).
When I moved to Israel as a kid I had the procedure done at a hospital under full sedation.

I was seven at the time so I have pretty much nothing to compare to in terms of "pleasure during sex" but as for the pain involved it wasn't that horrible.
I have a good friend who immigrated at an older age and decided to get circumcised at the age of 24, now that's a world of **** I'd imagine :p

Ya think?

:)

I personally see no need for it now. I just don't give a crap and none of the women I have been with have ever said anything negative about not being circumcised.

I totally agree that there are some obvious benefits, if you're a lazy git. Other than that, I dunno. I would think it's probably better for the guy during sex :smoker:

This topic is picking up steam actually, there was a little snippet in Men's Health about it too - it's coming from nowhere.

To this point though, I have avoided this thread because I had no interest in it. When I saw the factoid in MH, I figured I would check it out. That being said, there is too much attacking of other people's thoughts/opinions/views going on - we should try to stay focused on the topic. And it's obvious from some posts in here, certain people need to grow up and be a bit more respectful ;)

Yessir.

The real question is, how will the people, the everyday people know if it helps or not. With feuding perspectives the people get confused, personally, i think they should just say it helps and be done with it. Or what the heck. People have gone so long choosing, they should be able to protect themselves, if they can't tough luck.

Its to divided to be that cut and dry (no pun intended) most people who are circumcised are glad they are and wish everyone else was too (major assumption) while most of the people who are not circumcised are glad they are not, and wish everyone was given a choice. In most hospitals Doctors usually do not ask your parents if they want the procedure done, they just do it. In my case they did ask, and my parents declined and I'm quite glad they did so. Point being, nobody knows what the other side of the fence is like unless you get the procedure done later in life. From what I have heard from people who have gotten it later in life after having sexual encounters they wished they could go back to being natural.

As far as the protection goes, as it has been stated several times now just be good about your hygiene. To protect yourself from HIV, well if you have sex with someone who is HIV positive you are already taking a huge chance regardless of the status of your koopa trooper. If being circumcised gives you that added protection from infection so be it. I really don't think thats a big enough reason to have it done though. Like I said, if you are having sex with a HIV positive partner then you are already in trouble.

I think this topic of circumcision reducing the risk of HIV is detracting from the other risks posed by STD/Is which may lead to people to cease practicing safe sex because they are circumcised thinking they are safe, disregarding the fact that HIV isnt the only infection they can get.

The results in the study only cover HIV and not other diseases and infections and there is still the risks involved in oral sex.

It is misleading in the way that though being circumcised may have its advantages over uncirumcised in the way of HIV, theres no evidence that the risk of catching anything else is reduced and thus using protection is still the only way effectively preventing infections other than not having sex at all.

So regardless of being circumcised or uncircumcised, there are still plenty of diseases to go around many different ways.

It still boils down the fact that people need to practice personal hygiene and think about what they are doing.

Its to divided to be that cut and dry (no pun intended) most people who are circumcised are glad they are and wish everyone else was too (major assumption) while most of the people who are not circumcised are glad they are not, and wish everyone was given a choice. In most hospitals Doctors usually do not ask your parents if they want the procedure done, they just do it. In my case they did ask, and my parents declined and I'm quite glad they did so. Point being, nobody knows what the other side of the fence is like unless you get the procedure done later in life. From what I have heard from people who have gotten it later in life after having sexual encounters they wished they could go back to being natural.

You need to get your facts straight...
A doctor that performs ANY surgery no matter how SLIGHT can have his board certification removed...
they are REQUIRED to ask for ANY surgery to be accomplished on a minor...

I just went and read back through this thread, one thing caught my attention.

Evil Marge's Sig. :yowch:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back