new maxtor 120 not detecting right

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
ok OSNNr's here is a wierd one for yea. i got an ECS K7S5A here with an amb 1800 512ddr 333 ram and a 40gb main drive nad a new maxtor 133 120gb drive. when put on the primary channel you cant see the new drive as a 120, only as an 8 in windows, device manager does not even show 2 drives tho. but u can put data on it from my computer. also the bios only sees one drive as a 127gb drive and there are to be 2 drives a 40gb and a 120gb, i cant figure this out and there is NOT RAID on this board nor nothing like it.

here is a link to the board
http://www.ecsusa.com/products/k7s5a.html

If the drive is new, you'll need to run FDisk in DOS to create a primary/logical drive. After that, you'll need to format the drive.

This happens with most new HD's.

I'm surprised. My ECS K7S5A saw both my 120 gig WD fine. It's the system I install and torture test new hardware on before installing in the gaming machine. Though I never partition and format the entire drive as one section.

Do you have the latest bios installed in the MB?

And are you running 2000 or XP on it?

it is running XP FCKGW so i cant update it and i am not reinstalling it for this dude, but just but i dont understand how a partition can affect the bios????? the bios does not care waht partition it is it just reads teh ID chip but i will try it tomorow when i am there

ok i got it to detect proper in teh bios by putting it on the slave setting but now windows reports a blue screen of Porcess1 insilization failure. i cant find any info on that can someone help

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back