NEW Longhorn/MSN/Hotmail concepts!

TittleBitties said:
Right now I use 4074 but when i reformated my main drive with xp it deleted the boot.ini and now i can boot into longhorn. I tried making a new line to dual boot but i cant do it but thats for a different thread and i aint to worried about it right now.
The only thing you can do is reinstall Longhorn over the old one, as it is better not to use Longhorn recovery console :(

Yeah i was thinking i would have to do that but i am just gonna wait untill a new version of LH comes out then do it. I like 4074 since it runs alot faster and doesnt have so many problems like the previous onces that had the memory leak and all that.

*adds Melissa and Sara to MSN list :p*
lol...not a bad idea wonder if they will be someone with those names.

u forgot to add lisa, hey also guys, the live space thing looks sweet, but i had to read the in deep thought comment twice before i read it right :p

TittleBitties said:
Yeah i was thinking i would have to do that but i am just gonna wait untill a new version of LH comes out then do it. I like 4074 since it runs alot faster and doesnt have so many problems like the previous onces that had the memory leak and all that.

lol...not a bad idea wonder if they will be someone with those names.
The next version that is gonna leak out is gona be beta 1 and is gonna be around summer. :D

NetRyder said:
Yeah, it's really nice. It would be really sweet if you could drag and drop messages into those folders on the left like you can within Outlook.
With something like this, I might actually start using webmail again. :p

I'd be surprised if you can't. I have Outlook Web Access running on a Win2003 Server. You can drag and drop documents from folder to folder. You have all the pop-up menus on the Right Mouse Button that you would expect. It works almost identically to Outlook. In all honesty, it has to be one of the best web-apps I've ever used.

I have the Outlook Web Access to for my university mail. It works best only on IE though.

delta4s said:
I have the Outlook Web Access to for my university mail. It works best only on IE though.
:eek: Oops. Your right. I just tried it using Mozilla and it looks like a pile of pants. :eek:

Wonder if that is how Exchange 2003 (R2?) web access will look?

Electronic Punk said:
Wonder if that is how Exchange 2003 (R2?) web access will look?

Attached are pictures of Outlook Web Access with Exchange 2003. If I knew how to put them in the post, I would :D

Attachments

• Outlook1.jpg
    Outlook1.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,594
  • Picture2.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 2,545
Yeah, we are starting to migrate users to 2003 at work.
I am still on the 2000 server which looks crap and has far less functionality.

maddoctor said:
The next version that is gonna leak out is gona be beta 1 and is gonna be around summer. :D
Are you for real? I dont want to wait that long!

DwarfData said:
Attached are pictures of Outlook Web Access with Exchange 2003. If I knew how to put them in the post, I would :D
Wow, that looks almost exactly like Outlook. :D

TittleBitties said:
Are you for real? I dont want to wait that long!
The first beta is expected sometime in April/May, so it may well happen during the next WinHEC.
Whether there will be any more leaks before that, nobody can really say.

DwarfData said:
:eek: Oops. Your right. I just tried it using Mozilla and it looks like a pile of pants. :eek:

heh heh, yup, that's exactly what it looks like in Mozilla. Damn M$, if they are going to use this for hotmail, users are going to be forced to use IE :mad: .
Right now, I use POP3 so that I dont have to use IE.

NetRyder said:
The first beta is expected sometime in April/May, so it may well happen during the next WinHEC.
Whether there will be any more leaks before that, nobody can really say.
This is a inside info that I have:
There appears to be a bit of ambiguity as regards the date we can expect to see Longhorn Beta 1 being available. Longhorn is the code name for the next version of Windows which will exceed XP, and contains many technological enhancements which are eagerly anticipated. Beta 1 should be with us next year; however the real question is when, with two good sources giving different dates.

"According to internal documentation I first reviewed in late October, Microsoft is planning an aggressive schedule for its oft-delayed Longhorn successor to Windows XP and will ship the long-awaited Beta 1 release of that operating system on February 16. The latest release schedule notes that Microsoft will begin locking down the code for Beta 1 in early December 2004 and then enter the so-called escrow phase in early January."

"According to sources close to Microsoft, recent release schedules that have popped up on the internet regarding Longhorn are inaccurate and outdated. Today Windows Client Codename 'Longhorn' hit the milestone of M8-2. The next and final milestone before a beta is released is M9 which is currently due on 16th March 2005. Beta 1 of the much anticipated OS is due within May 2005. These new dates paint a picture of Beta 1 being released at this years WinHEC 2005 (late April) if it's indeed ready."

Exactly. There is a possibility that MS might hand out copies of Beta 1 to WinHEC 2005 attendees like they did at PDC 2003.
That would mean a definite leak.
wink.gif

So we must have to wait until WinHEC 2005, to see if it is going to happen.

I don't mind the wait as long as the next release/leak has something truly amazing...even if it's only partially complete. It builds up the anticipation. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back