• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

New Linux Distro (Xandros)

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Xandros Linux

Released today, and from what i've heard it seems to be a pretty good distro, rivaling lycoris in ease of use.
Only down side to it is it costs $99, but from reviews and such it appears to be worth the money as an alternative operating system to Windows.

SPeedY_B

o_87, go for it, I'd be interested to hear the outcome.
Lycoris altho it looks nice it does look bloated (I can't really judge because I haven't used it) but this looks like its just standard KDE but with better auto-config so to speak.

Either way, these new distro's are all heading in the right direction to become usable as a day to day desktop operating system.

You're right Speedy. Lycoris is bloated.
It contains a lot of stuff that I don't want, so I just choose not to install those packages, and then use the package manager to uninstall stuff I don't need.

SPeedY_B

:) well like i say, i haven't used it, it's just instinct that anything that looks that nice (read: XP) is bloated :D

With that said its not nessecarily a bad thing, XP works fine, it just needs a faster computer than 2k, but logic suggests most people have computers powerful enough to run it.
Bloat doesn't bother me too much, i think it comes down to ease of use now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix