New laptop

U

UofEEE

I'm replacing my current desktop (custom) with a laptop....I need some help.

Current sys:
AMD Athlon XP 1900+
512 Meg PC2700
30 gig hd
Nvidia GeForce2 MX400 64 meg

Dell Inspiron 5100:
Intel Pentium 4 2.4
512 Meg PC2100
40 gig hd
ATI Radeon 7500 32 meg

My question is, does anyone have experience with Dells? I need a laptop that will pretty much replace my system and will be as fast or faster. I don't play games that much (ghost recon, that's it). Does anyone have any advice? I've got a good price on the Dell right now, so does anyone have a comparable laptop in the range of 900-1200 dollars? I need it fast and reliable. Thanks!

should be an opinion :

ASUS DESCNOTE D1-T

* P4 2.4 GHZ
*512 DDR
*18,6 GB HDD
*Vcard Sis 32 Mb

Hehe...look at my sig :D
It's a wonderful machine. I'd say go for it. But keep in mind that since it's a P4 processor and not a P4-M, it does run on the hotter side. Not a problem for me, since I'm using it as a desktop replacement.
And the battery life will definitely amaze you. ;)

Both of the above laptops are really good, but neither of them fall in his price range.

NetRyder is right on the money, I'm glad he's had a good experience with the 5100. One of my friends has one and it is one amazing machine. It's a desktop replacement for me (otherwise I'd go with the Centrino based 600m). I need something that is basically the same and if not better than what I have right now, and the 5100 hits the spot. Thanks for all your replies, and even if it runs a little hot, it won't run like my Athlon XP which requires mucho cooling. Looks like I'm done Intel bashing now... :D

Congrats...hope you get your big UPS box soon ;)

Right now, they're giving you $200 off, free shipping and a free upgrade to a 40GB hard drive (from a 30GB one). The offer ends on July 2nd.
You just might want to wait until the free CD-RW/DVD Combo drive offer comes again. I think that's a really good deal, and it comes up every now and then. But then you might lose out on any one of the current offers. You decide :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back