New Laptop suggestion!!??

phreaker18

OSNN One Post Wonder
i want to buy a new laptop and i would like u guys to suggest some for me if u can... i desperately need advise..

i wanna laptop... ideally 13.1 " LCD... and the usual stuff that come along every laptop these day... what id like is a GPU... either 256 or 512 Mbs..

can u guys please suggest some for me?

thanks

What are you going to be using it for?
What does your budget look like?
Do you intend to play games, watch movies, etc.?

Give us some more information and maybe we can give you some input.

Inspiron 1100 is cheap...its display is 14.1" but i would suggest if you want high end you should try Macbook Air. It has 13.3" LCD display, 1.6 Ghz Intel Core 2 duo processor and has an 80 Gb hard disk. :)

The only way not to go wrong choosing a good mobile gaming system (as you've asked for one with good GPU) is going Alienware.

For example the Area-51 has a 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTX GPU along many other bells and whistle.

Last edited:
I heard that Voodoo is pretty good with gaming (considering you seem to specify GPUs), although Alienware is probably the most safe choice. However, don't quote me on this as I've never used Voodoo myself.

The only way not to go wrong choosing a good mobile gaming system (as you've asked for one with good GPU) is going Alienware.

For example the Area-51 has a 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTX GPU along many other bells and whistle.

If you want Alienware's quality, but don't want to pay the ridiculous amounts of money for one. I suggest looking at Sager, Sager is a off brand of laptops made by a company called Clevo, and Clevo actually makes the Alienware barebones. :)

I have had a Sager for about a year and a half, and I absolutely love it. I get comments from people all the time on how good it looks too. It has a brushed aluminum top and is very very well built. I got mine from this website:

http://www.discountlaptops.com/

I HIGHLY recommend it, especially over a Dell or Alienware.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sager_Notebook_Computers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clevo

Lego, I would probably create a separate thread for your own request. It'll avoid confusion and you'll receive better answers :)

Phreaker, are you still looking for a notebook or have you already acquired one?

Thanks

Imo for that type of setup you would be better off just building a desktop, it would be a LOT cheaper. If you must have a laptop as powerful as that you are going to pay for it no matter where you go. The 8800m GTX is expensive, pure and simple... I think you are going to be hard pressed to find the config you are looking for at that price.

What I would do if I were you is research the cost of a BlueRay drive by itself and email Powernotebooks or one of the other sager resellers and ask if you can buy one without a optical drive for a reduced price. They usually are more than willing to accommodate you on special requests like that. Buy the Blueray drive and install it yourself, might save you some money and get you the config you are after.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back