New Keyboard Problem

Alex_is_Axel

.:: FTPAlex ::.
Goodafternoon everyone,

I have just bought my mum a new keyboard but it only has a 88 key layout with 3 hot keys. When i press on the "i" key, it comes up with "5" on the screen. This is not the only time this has happened. I bought her another keyboard not so long ago which also has a lower key layout count than deafult and when i pressed on "l", it comes up with "9io". Both these keyboards are USB connected. Is there a reason why it is messing up like this? Do i need to change some settings on Windows XP Pro? Thank you for your help and time

sincerly Alex :cool:

get a screwdriver and change the keys from the 5 and the i :p

or check the control panel-> keybaord and try a few different lay-outs...

i went into the keyboard properties in the control panel and found nothing relating to layouts :( Anything else i could try?

Alex :cool:

The keyboard layout is in the language settings i think, i can remember setting it when i installed xp the other night

control panel -> language settings -> Language tab -> Details button

there are the keyboard lay-outs. translated from dutch so it maybe called different but its the globe icon and then the second tab and then the first button.

ok i looked around there and i didnt see anything that could help me specify amount of keys.. i remember seeing something like this on the old windows somewhere. any other idea's? :(

Thank you for all your help

88 keys, so that means the number pad is integrated with the letter keys, correct? you don't have numlock on, do you?

ignore me if this elementary to you.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!

Ok it works now, well, i went into the room where the keyboard was on and the keyboard was working fine (i just woken up). I dont remember seeing the numberlock light on before tho :confused: . Oh well nevermind lol, amazing how small things help hehe. That could of been the explaination... i feel like a right dumba** now :eek:

Thank you for your help everyone :D

lol yea :p

Thank you for your help everyone once again :) most greatful :D

P.S Silly Keyboards these days :p

haha! that's funny. i was afraid for getting flamed for suggesting the simple numlock thing.
:p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back