New iMac!

true true...for the first time in my life I want a mac and will have one of the new imacs....oh yes it will be mine

looks nice... but as with other apple products... expandability limitations and proprietary hoopla...

still i guess I wouldn't mind having one in the kitchen with an ati graphics processor for TV tuner capabilities...

Looks sweet to me!
bigsmile.gif

those look nice but can u upgrade anything on those all-in-one machines? like upgrading RAM or even puting a new gfx card in?

Didn't really like this new design =\
The old "iLamp" style was much more unique and innovative, in my opinion.

yeah, net is right. i think you can upgrade ram, but that's about it. if you buy one and you have enough skill, you can probably change the hard drive to a bigger one, but probably not add another. you don't buy an imac for upgradeability though.

you really don't need to upgrade them like pc's...they run for years with what they have in them and the way they are built you don't need the hardware in them as you do with pc's

With knowledge you can upgrade anything in an iMac. With no knowledge and an instruction manual, you can upgrade the memory. With common sense, you don't need to upgrade anything.

Personally, I wasn't sold on the new design when I first saw it, but with that said, I hated both the PowerMac G5 and the new Aluminium Cinema Displays, yet now I'm plain jealous of anyone in possession of either, or worse, both. The iMac has definitely grew on me more since this morning, it just looks neat :)

This image made me appreciate it a bit more:
softwarelifestyle20040831.jpg

Nice looking piece of hardware if you ask me. :)

Looks like a PowerBook mounted on a stand with the monitor folded so that it is in front.

Corvette said:
Looks like a PowerBook mounted on a stand with the monitor folded so that it is in front.
The Powerbook has a brushed aluminium finish. :S
This thing looks pretty much identical to the new cinema displays. It's just white and has those huge borders all around it.

Okay, upon further analysis I've come the pretty much the same conclusion as Kunal. The new design isn't as earth shattering, but it IS nice when you compare it to stuff that other companies make.

If another company made the same product people would like them. However, this is Apple, and many people including I hold them up to a higher standard atleast in terms of asthetics.

So in that regard, the new design falls short.

To be brief, I love Apple, all their past designs and undoubtly their future designs. As such I love this design too :)

I am an Apple whore, and if I had money, I'd buy one of the new G5s' (as well as, as many other Apple products and parifanalia as I could) :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back