New Home Network - Need Multiplayer Suggestions

B

Bablos

Hi There...

I've just built myself a second PC, and so I need some suggestions for what games I can use to show off to my friends.

I would have liked to use MoH:AA, but it seems that the game insists on needing a dedicated server, so that's out of the question.

Beyond that, I haven't got a clue.

Suggestions, please!

Bablos.

nfs would be great. quake or ut i think.
also strategy games such as aeo or c&c

Worms World Party, the ultimate lan game :D :D :D
(its entertaining at least :p )

u can play that on lan? i didnt know that, thanks for idea

have to find it somewhere now

Originally posted by mafiafromrussia
nfs would be great. quake or ut i think.
also strategy games such as aeo or c&c

Pardon my ignorance, but what are nfs and aeo?

Bablos.

NFS is Need For Speed and the other I don't know

Doom II (may be old, it still roxors :p )
GLQuake
Quake3
Unreal Tournament
Worms World Party
Colin McRae Rally 2

Are all excellent :)

Originally posted by Bablos
Pardon my ignorance, but what are nfs and aeo?

Bablos.

nfs as Chastity already said is need for speed, plus there's new one coming out soon, nfs hot persut 2, i think u can play that on lan.

and aeo, is pardon for spelling error :) i meant aoe as in age of empires. for fun lan play i'd recommend first one, 2nd one is just too much to control to have fun. although it has different playable units

There have been several releases of old board type games that are very fun to play on a lan.... Risk is very cool.

Serious SAM 1 & 2 are very cheap games with good graphics and a ton of monsters and ammo... A fairly unique aspect is that it's a FPS with a CO-OP mode. Also, you can really play with the graphics settings to get it to run on a weaker system.

Both Diablo I and II can be fun on a LAN.

Old Dungeon Keeper can be fun on a LAN.

At Wal-Mart you can get Unreal Tournament Game-Of-The-Year Edition for $10.00 and put it on both systems. When it was released, a PIII-600 was about the fastest processor out. So that game will run fine on a low end system with a low end video card (more a CPU intensive game).

Wow! i'd completely forgot about serious sam! think i lent my copy to someone ... must look that up actually :D
Its a classic tho, if it moves, KILL IT! :)

Serious sam 1 and 2 are both hilarious on coop mode with friends

quake 2 of course, is the ultimate lan game

co-op modes always make for a good change instead of trying to blow yer mate into chunky kibbles :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back