New Hiv Strain

Lee said:
I agree that's why I wonder why governments and health agencies spend billions on something that is untreatable. Proloning cancer victims, h.i.v. and a.i.d.s. victims, we all die sometime, so quit wasting my tax money.
Tell you what,I'll go and tell my neighbours 7 year old daughter who has leukaemia that she should not go for treatment as she is wasting our tax money shall I?

Kermit_The_Frog said:
with the ways things are now aids is just another population control method and we will need it sorry to say but people need to die the way it is going we will be over populated within the next 50 years, to a point where it will be a world wide problem. Aids is another check/balance.

Welcome to South Africa :) the land where the prime minister says AIDS doesn't exist, whilst his population whithers and dies, and even his predecessor's family has been affected!

And I almost agree with Lee, it's like keeping criminals in jail for the rest of their natural lives... what a waste, just execute them and be done with it (I'm not saying execute ill people, it's merely a comparison!). But I do think that if they want to live longer, help them, but euthenasia should not be outlawed - if they want to die, who are we to say they can't?

Evil Marge said:
Tell you what,I'll go and tell my neighbours 7 year old daughter who has leukaemia that she should not go for treatment as she is wasting our tax money shall I?
Brake it to her gently.

I don't get the big fuss around this, its not like there is a strain of HIV you can cure. You can extend peoples lives, but there is no "cure" or even a vaccine to any strain of HIV.

I do not feel sorry for the man. He made his decision to haveunprotected sex, with multiple partners and use drugs. I also do notwish it had happened, but there again, it was his decision. With asmall measure of common sense he could have avoided all his troubles.

I am in the same boat with Lee, I grow tired of my hard earned moneybeing washed away on people who wasted their life. I feel sorry thatthings went wrong for them, but at the same time it was their decisionafter all. Not mine. But now I have to pay for it, and when I grow tobe old the money I put in will no longer be there.

I have smoked some, but have given it up. I have also made the decisionthat if I get ill or have medical problems that arise from it, it willbe my burden to bear. Not my childrens or anyone elses. Too many peoplewalk around in this world looking for a handout or wanting somethingfor nothing. I have no problem helping those whom life has been hardon. But to help someone who knowingly did something? No.

Anyway, instead of taking drugs or screwing around I'm going to do laundry.........

Evil Marge said:
So you people will refuse any kind of treatment if you ever become seriously ill??
I doubt that .

I won't catch H.I.V. then develop A.I.D.S. via sexual transmission, only if via blood transfusion, or being stabed by some junkies needle. I would refuse medical treatment for cancer.

So your doubts in my case are incorrect.

And Marge Doors, children with cancer, no I am talking about 65 year old +. You know this as you already told me you can read my mind.

why would you refuse treatment, i dont get that, i bet u have taken a pain killer before same thing, just on a higher level

themafia_69 said:
why would you refuse treatment, i dont get that, i bet u have taken a pain killer before same thing, just on a higher level

Well it's hard to explain I am quite unhappy being alive to be quite honest, if I didn't have a fiance and two young children, then you know.

I aint no religeous freak or nowt.

I like your style Lee, you don't bulløøøø and you don't walk around the block, you just say it out loud. For that, I have respect for you, as these days most people can't give a straight answer and it's very annoying!

:)

I don't like people that beat-around-the-bush. If you don't like me say it, If I don't like you, you will be told. That's the way I see it.

Yet another idiotic thread filled with dumbass comments, hows that for not beating around the bush Lee?

Tabula Rasa said:
Yet another idiotic thread filled with dumbass comments, hows that for not beating around the bush Lee?

Those are you opinions not mine.

You posted twice, if my memory serves, and not a 'double entendre' either.

Well in the words of Forrest Gumps old Mum, 'stupid is what stupid does'. I wish I could do it in a Green Bow, Alabama dialect, but, I can't.

Some input was interesting, some left a lot to be desired.

input in, input out, reboot reboot update, new software version, more bells fewer whistles:)

so what value do we place on life? Are we going for a quantity of life or a quality of life? There have been cancer treatments that work on people, and their cancer goes into remission, Lance Armstrong. So do we just consign them to death because we cannot do anything about it? Medical science is a double edged sword, becuase we eradicated smallpox, there are now nations starving simply because the food supply could no support all the people who did not die. You have the perfect right as a person to reject medicine or medical support, but if someone finds you on the floor and calls an EMT they treat you, that is their job. Now you can argue the point after you have survived, but then the argument is moot is it not? Unless you put a large sticker on your forehead that says " Do not treat in a medical emergency" you will have to live with the social responsibility. Sorry.

Steevo said:
I am in the same boat with Lee, I grow tired of my hard earned moneybeing washed away on people who wasted their life. I feel sorry thatthings went wrong for them, but at the same time it was their decisionafter all. Not mine. But now I have to pay for it, and when I grow tobe old the money I put in will no longer be there.

So I guess it is a friend of mine's sisters fault for having a blood transfusion and getting it that way? You want to stop all the research to look for a way to kill HIV/AIDS? We don't have a cure for cancer, but after years of research we have found methods which work mighty well to get rid of it, evne in more advanced stages. Should they have given up? Just forgot about it? If so, then i guess quite a few people close to me would not be around anymore. My family has a history of cancer.

Lee said:
I won't catch H.I.V. then develop A.I.D.S. via sexual transmission, only if via blood transfusion, or being stabed by some junkies needle. I would refuse medical treatment for cancer.

So your doubts in my case are incorrect.

And Marge Doors, children with cancer, no I am talking about 65 year old +. You know this as you already told me you can read my mind.
In your post you did not say anything to that effect,even a 65 year old can go on to life another 20 odd years so why should they not be treated the same?As far as you and others seem to be concerned if a person is ill with a life threatening disease let them die as they'll die sometime or other anyway.And why cancer is mentioned in the same breath as HIV I do not know.

Simple answer to the start of this thread is Do not be a moron and have unprotected sex.We all know the risks and it just isn't worth it.

Evil Marge said:
In your post you did not say anything to that effect,even a 65 year old can go on to life another 20 odd years so why should they not be treated the same?As far as you and others seem to be concerned if a person is ill with a life threatening disease let them die as they'll die sometime or other anyway.And why cancer is mentioned in the same breath as HIV I do not know.

Simple answer to the start of this thread is Do not be a moron and have unprotected sex.We all know the risks and it just isn't worth it.

HIV in africa is in the general populace, and not a disease with homosexual conotations everywhere else. Surely a scourge is a scourge right?

treatments cures are reserved exclusivly to the rich (those who can afford)

medical experiments are reserved for the rest of society who have some form of health care.

euthanasia is for the "have nots" with no material wealth or access to numbing meds.

The opinions expressed may not be confirmed

I do not care who has what disease and why.I believe that we are all entitled to whatever treatment is available

egghead said:
treatments cures are reserved exclusivly to the rich (those who can afford)
In the UK medical treatments are free to everyone through the National health service

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back